Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Build Your Own Camper or Trailer! Glen-L RV Plans

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #181
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't seen any scratches, I've used them on 2 trucks over 8 yrs.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #182
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Materials-cost list

Finally got around to finishing the Materials/Cost list for the camper.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Camper_Build-Modified_Importer.xls (42.0 KB, 236 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #183
rvsixer is on a distinguished road
rvsixer's Tacoma Gallery
I just discovered this thread yesterday. Great build, and thanks for the excellent documentation (diagrams, pics, real world weigh-ins, cost data). I'm all re-inspired now to build something.

Couple of questions if I may:
1) Your posted empty weight, truck only with fuel and you in it, was 4460. I'm guessing without you around 4250-4300?
2) What's the total height of the rig loaded down with camper?

I'm hoping to downsize from my current 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel rig/full-size 8' camper, to a Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 and camper that will slip under my carport. No more off-site storage .
Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #184

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Subtract 185lb. for me, 20lb. for the polk bookshelf speakers, and another 10lb. of misc. gear. I also didn't have the porti potty in when I weighed. Total height is just over 8' 2".

Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #185
rvsixer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
Total height is just over 8' 2".
Thanks for the info, now I gotta go measure the carport height .

We just measured my coworker's stock TRD Tacoma at about 33" bed height, which adding your 60" camper height comes to ~93". I assume the extra height in your 98" number is due to suspension upgrades and or the top vent?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #186
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered these mirrors, they look to be about the best option for the $$. Thanks Goober
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #187

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
I remeasured the camper, it's 62" and the top vent is 5". When I had the camper on the truck it was 93" to the roofline not counting the top vent.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #188
Rhody76 will become famous soon enough
Name: Chris
Rhody76's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 07-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #189
rvsixer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I remeasured the camper, it's 62" and the top vent is 5". When I had the camper on the truck it was 93" to the roofline not counting the top vent.
Much appreciated, exactly what I needed to know.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #190

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Put a piece of 3/4" foam insulation under the wing on the bunk side, used foil tape and caulk to seal the edges. Next trip I'll find out if this helps the condensation under the mattress, but then it probably won't be getting down to 33 deg. as it did my first trip.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #191
rvsixer's Tacoma Gallery
Hope that insulation does the trick for 'ya. Keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #192

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
I thinking about replacing the Tacoma rear springs with one of these and possibly adding air bags too. Can't decide which to use.
http://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/2stage.php
http://www.generalspringkc.com/product_p/90-297hd.htm
Old 08-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #194

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Nice build OP. You've got some great skills there. Have you seen these made for Tacoma's towing mirrors? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...g-mirrors.html
I have seen these. Could be a future purchase. Gotta upgrade the suspension first.

Ordered Ride-rite bags.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #195

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Took off the Roadmaster Active Suspension

Installed Firestone Ride Rite air bags

Much better ride and handling
Old 09-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #196
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did you use the camper much this summer?
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #197

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
2 Trips, just got back from Vernal, Ut.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #198

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
I drove 500 miles on this trip and averaged 14.5 mpg with the camper and towing my Aliner trailer. Without the trailer I'm getting 18.5 where I normally get 21 without the camper.

I installed a rearview camera which makes hooking up the trailer a breeze as I can see the hitch ball on the display. I wired it to the park lights instead of the backup lights, this way I can turn it on anytime and I ran the dvd player parkbrake wire to ground.
Pyle PLCM18SC Camera

Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #200
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Awesome thread

How did I miss this before ?
eh?

Products Discussed in this Thread