Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Build Your Own Camper or Trailer! Glen-L RV Plans

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #201
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got cushions made. Bought foam from buyfoam.com, custom cut 2 pieces 18" x 79" x 4" and 1 piece 18" x 30" x 4" for the seat next to the sink. My wife made covers, now I need to get her to make matching curtains. I've bought a solar panel and got couple 5.5amp batteries for free. Haven't set it up but ran the vent fan for 4 hours on one battery. That's the only thing that uses much power, 1.2amp. I've put led bulbs in the lights.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #202
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Wife finished the 3rd cushion. Also added a entry handle. Had to add blocking inside as there was no framing under the handle mounting holes. The screws are offset from center on the mounting brackets to the right. It's hard to plan for things like this the first time around. This would have worked if my door opened the other side.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #203

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to workout how I'm going to mount this solar panel on the roof. The mounting holes don't line up with the roof framing so I'm thinking of using two 1x4's to span the roof framing and using T nuts under those so I can screw the panel on with machine screws. Photo shows the panel upside down with a 1x2 and T nut on one corner. I'll need 1x4's for this because the center feet/supports on the panel aren't inline with the mounting holes on the ends. I'm going to run the cord down the corner molding on the rear and under the wing as that's where my power connector is now. This is a Sunforce 50123 20W Kit which comes with a charge controller.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #204
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
OOOOhhhhh, after reading this I wish I had bought the DCLB instead of the DCSB!

Oh well, may use this as inspiration to build a TT version...with a few more bells and whistles though! Fat Man likes his A/C!

Seriously awesome job though, love the way it came together!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #205

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Painted the top. Used an etching primer and 2-part urethane top coat. That bare aluminum was getting hot in the sun.

Looks like it was warping when hot too.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #206
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Been following this from the start. Great job! Love the fact no tags needed.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #207
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
I may have missed something here...what did you put on the bottom portion of the camper? Is that paint, rhino liner, plastic?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #208
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Holy carp.

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I am so subbed for future use.

Mind you, I don't have anything NEAR the expertise to attempt something of this scale. I know better than to try at this point. But, not to use an overly hyperbolic term...

This build is totes amazeballs.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #209

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68 View Post
I may have missed something here...what did you put on the bottom portion of the camper? Is that paint, rhino liner, plastic?

As recommended in the Glen-L plans. This is a marine grade paint. They state it is more durable than bed liner products.

They didn't mention a specific brand but this is what I used.

Interlux Inter-Prime Wood Sealer Clear
Interlux Pre-Kote - White
Interlux Brightside - Black

Old 05-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #210

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Solar pane mounted

Mounted the solar panel today. Tomorrow the controller and batteries.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:22 PM   #211
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I like how your roof turned out after painting it
Old 05-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #212
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Keep up the good work
Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #213

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10tacoma View Post
I like how your roof turned out after painting it
I like that product, it's rubbery.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #214

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Brophy RV scissor steps

Bought some steps (4 step model) for the camper.

Decided they were too tall after setting them up on the rear of my truck. (the 3 step ones are too short)

So I cut off the top section of brackets and reattached the hanger crossbar.

Had to add a 2x4 to the bottom of the camper to mount the hanger bracket
Old 06-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #215

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Got a small battery box, http://www.etrailer.com/p-DW03188.html to put everything in. Two 5.5 amp batteries, solar charger controller, fuse.

Just fits behind the wheel well.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #216

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Made my first solo trip in the camper this weekend. Went to Bear Lake on the Utah/Idaho border Everything works great, don't think I used enough power to run the batteries down even if I didn't have the solar panel. I did have a lack of cabinet space though as I haven't had to carry cooking gear before. I'm going to add a cabinet to the right of the sink and change the closet to shelves. I'm going to install the water pump and tank, so I've been searching for components for that. I used a 2 gallon water jug which was plenty for the weekend, but inconvenient to use. Got 19 mpg.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 AM   #217
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
My boss would like to thank you for consuming my entire morning reading this entire thread! What a great camper, you did really nice work. Have you slept out in the rain at all? Is it nice and watertight? Amazing project.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:03 PM   #218

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Rained all day Tuesday. I drove around running errands during the rain, including freeway in heavy traffic, lots of spray from semis. No sign of any leakage.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #219
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #220

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered this pump, looking for a small tank now, 2-3 gal
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ter-pump/14929

Products Discussed in this Thread