Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Build Your Own Camper or Trailer! Glen-L RV Plans

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #61
ober27 is on a distinguished road
Name: Darin
ober27's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Titebond III is a great product. Keep those photos coming.
Darin
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #62
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery

Coat and boot closet will be left open at top. Commode with be enclosed in a cabinet with lid that raises and door hat swings out on front. I'll have a small seating space next to the sink cabinet. I found a place to make custom size cushions that I'll use for the couch/bed which just slides out to convert from couch to bed. Just taking ideas from the Aliner popup trailer. This could easily be set up with a full size bed.

Keeping this light so no power system or holding tanks. Battery operated led lighting, water supplied for sink supplied by gallon jug under sink with hand operated pump/faucet.

I may upgrade some of this stuff later though.

picked this stuff at a local trailer supply today.
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-37420-Fl...=pd_sim_auto_1
http://www.adventurerv.net/ivory-ova...ic-p-5179.html
http://www.adventurerv.net/leisure-c...mp-p-2371.html
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #63
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
wow ... subbed for sure!

this is some amazing work. are you keeping a general tally of cost and materials as well?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #64
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, and it ain't cheap! I'll post a list when it's done.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #65

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to paint before putting cabinetry in.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #67

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
This isn't really that hard to build and doesn't take any special skills. Just time and a place to do it. Without the Glen-L plans I would've made a real hack job. I've found having a good miter saw to be the one indispensable tool for making accurate cuts for the 1x2 framing pieces. For the window and door cut outs, those are framed first then the plywood is cut with a router using a bit with a bearing, just follows the framing. The corners for the windows were cut on a scroll saw then glued in place before the plywood was cut. When cutting plywood to size I would find the straightest 1x2 and clamp or screw it the to the plywood to use a edge guide for a circular saw.

Here's the sum total of my abilities.
Cut a piece of plywood.
Cut a 1x2
Glue 1x2 to plywood.

next day
cut 1x2 and glue to plywood

Keep repeating process. I add screws after the glue has dried where needed. The framing in the center of the panels are done a little differently, I mark where they go (both sides of plywood) apply glue, position the pieces, clamp the ends and flip the panel and pre-drill and counter sink the holes and put the screws in. I clean up excess glue as a blob in the wrong place may interfere fitting a future piece in. Several times I've had to use a wood chisel to remove dried glue.

Took me two weeks to build both sides. I drew the front curve with a string tied to a pencil. Then I clamped the to 2 sides together and cut the curve with a saber saw. That one cut took 20 minutes and the saw blade had flexed sideways so the parts of the cut were angled (not perpendicular to the surface). I took a hand file and disk sander to clean up the cut til it was "good enough". The important part was the 2 sides matched.

Finished panels are test fit prior to assembly.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #68

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #69
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

You sir are awesome!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #70

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
You sir are awesome!

Thanks, I spent most of the weekend waiting for paint to dry and sitting at my sophisticated design studio drawing sketches of the cabinets.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #71
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, nice work OP, can't wait to see this thing finished!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #72
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool! I can't wait to see this thing finished
Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #73
east is on a distinguished road
east's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your detailed description and your pics on your camper project. I am very interested in your project and look forward to seeing your further progress.

Thank you,

Eric 06 Tacoma access cab
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #74

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I had the closet all painted and ready to install when I realized I hadn't put the clothes rod and rod brackets in. D'oh! ...drill..screw..putty..repaint!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #75

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Painted the floor with porch paint and started paneling.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #76

Goober's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #77
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you sleep?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #78
AnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud ofAnTiFuBaR has much to be proud of

AnTiFuBaR's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #79

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Where do you sleep?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #80
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, looking great OP! You obviously have a rather patient meticulous personality and a knack for construction. Any clue about the estimated finished weight?

Products Discussed in this Thread