Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Build Your Own Camper or Trailer! Glen-L RV Plans

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #82
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Wow, looking great OP! You obviously have a rather patient meticulous personality and a knack for construction. Any clue about the estimated finished weight?
I estimate I'm at 300lbs at this point. Before I installed the cabinets and paneling I was about 215lbs., the paneling weighed 40lbs. I was weighing each section as I built them, but I'm starting to lose track. I'll try to get a dry weight when it's finished. My target is to keep it under 500lbs.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #83
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet build.do you have an estimated price you spent so far? So guys can compare building to buying used/new
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #84
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Sweet build.do you have an estimated price you spent so far? So guys can compare building to buying used/new
I'm around $1600 right now. Haven't got the skin, insulation (except for one 4x8 sheet), and cushions for couch/bed. Prelim quote on cushions from a online custom cushion maker was $500. I have the windows and a cheap door (really a cargo hatch for a bigger RV, shown in one of my earlier photos), also have a roof vent/fan, door latch/lock. Will need to get running lights, there's some code for those, (the plans detail California code for camper running lights). I'll post a complete list of what's used when done. I estimate $2500 to $3000 to complete. One thing, you won't find a slide-in camper this size on the market. If you do post a link to it, I'd like to see one. Belair shells is the closest I could find. http://belairshells.com/camping_shells
Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #85

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Fitting in the pieces.

Bed platform in open position. Commode lid, there will be a cabinet door on front.

Open cabinet door, raise the lid up.

Bed platform slides back for seating.

Now I gotta figure out the computer workstation.

This camper could be configured with a full queen bed, eliminate the cabinets, put a second bed slider on the other side and have the whole thing for the bed with the storage underneath. Think of all the fun you could have in there!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #87

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Put a scale under the entry end of the camper, 138. I'll try the other end tonight, that's going to be heavier, the overhang would be counter balancing from the pivot point lightening this end.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #88

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Not much to show for the weekend. Finishing interior is time consuming. Cut the counter top. Assembled and first coat of paint on the rest of interior pieces.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #89
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Still looks great op. With all the spring break traffic lately,I did see a red taco with a red slide in,the Jack's mounted on sides it what caught my eye.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #90
Lucky357 is on a distinguished road
Marines: GySgt
Lucky357's Tacoma Gallery
Dang! That sure is one cool camper!! Nice job! Wish I had the space to take on a project like that. Guess I'll have to be content with my camper shell and doing the inside of it. Please! Keep the pics coming
Old 03-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #91

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Started making the cabinet doors.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #92
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
great work-space and tools as well! got your first trip planned yet?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #93

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about going to this Overland Expo but there's no way I'll have the camper ready by mid May.
http://www.overlandexpo.com
Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #94
Lucky357 is on a distinguished road
Marines: GySgt
Lucky357's Tacoma Gallery
Hate to keep asking, but feel its my job to keep the thread going;
Got any more pics? Would like to see how you have you H2O system set up? Will you have hot water? Shower?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #95
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
OP, this thing is epic, I look forward to seeing it done. I love the idea of these things, and would love to build one myself, but I like having my bed space to use, I wonder if this could be transfered and modified to a small trailer, or even a tear drop trailer
Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #96
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
OP, this thing is epic, I look forward to seeing it done. I love the idea of these things, and would love to build one myself, but I like having my bed space to use, I wonder if this could be transfered and modified to a small trailer, or even a tear drop trailer
I have purchased plans for teardrops.it can be done. Even have plans for benroy.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #97
dont tread on me!

Keep the pics coming op,great job.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #98

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky357 View Post
Hate to keep asking, but feel its my job to keep the thread going;
Got any more pics? Would like to see how you have you H2O system set up? Will you have hot water? Shower?
I haven't installed the water system yet, but it will only be cold water, really just a jug of water hooked to the hand pump. May someday I'll find a small 2 gallon tank and put in a pump. The hand pump I bought is a 3-way. I'm building this mainly as a sleeper. The bed will be on the left opposite the sink and will convert to a bench seat. My wife and I don't sleep in the same room because I snore (tmi), we have a big 5th wheel with two sleeping compartments for long excursions. Last year my wife bought an Aliner with the idea that I could tow it with the Tacoma when she takes her horse to clinics, her towing the horse trailer with the Chevy. Last summer we made two trips and I bunked in back of the Tacoma, which led me to wanting better accommodations.

Once I get this done I'll find a scale and get all the weights, truck - truck w/camper - truck/camper/trialer, see if I'm over loaded. The dry hitch weight of this trailer is 240lbs.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #99

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #100
dont tread on me!

Nice work.

Products Discussed in this Thread