Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Window wind deflectors?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Window wind deflectors?

Does anyone have any complaints about the sun/rain/wind guards that go around the side windows? I have heard complaints about them being very noisy over 55 MPH and I really don't want to add yet more noise. My dad has them on his Chevy and complains about the noise, I just got them for Christmas and once it stops raining I want to put them on but wanted to know what other users thought.

I got the AVS in-channel ones, any complaints about those ones?
Old 12-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
You have nothing to worry about...at highway speeds the windshield noise will more than take care of any noise from widow vent visors.

edit: seriously, the only noise I've heard at around 70mph with a cross wind wasn't from the window vent visor's...it was from the windshield. There's a tsb for it but for the few times I've heard the noise I wouldn't bother getting it fixed. I have the AVS in-channel visors and never noticed any noise from them.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
have the in channel ones on a "09" reg. cab. no noise.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
yep I got the in channel one no probs here they are laser cut to fit with no sticky tape and have not a prob in 5 1/2 years
Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
get in-channel
x2 how many in channels have you seen broken and beat up.. just sayin
Old 12-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
TotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the roughTotalBrutal is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dan
TotalBrutal's Tacoma Gallery
I had crappy stick-ons that came with the truck... made to much noise on the highway took them off shortly after
Old 12-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Weathertech in channel ones. No complaints, or wind noise.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I have the Weathertech in channel ones. No complaints, or wind noise.
x2 online just google I dont remember where i got mine
Old 12-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have in channel before on an explorer and everytime i rolled the window up, it would catch it and eventually crack the visor.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get the in channels all of the adhesive exterior style that I've had on all of my vehicles have had trouble sticking on the edges which causes them to flutter and tap on the side which bothers other people who ride in the truck, when you want to take them off or replace them the adhesive is a bitch to get off.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'd get the in channels all of the adhesive exterior style that I've had on all of my vehicles have had trouble sticking on the edges which causes them to flutter and tap on the side which bothers other people who ride in the truck, when you want to take them off or replace them the adhesive is a bitch to get off.
Yea, I had stick on ones in a previous vehicle and the adhesive eventually started to come off and they got pretty loose. I've actually had to take the in channel ones out once or twice for something and once I put them back in they still fit nice and snug and dont rattle around at all. I'll never get stick on ones again.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
Well the rain visors I have now were 45$ from advanced and go on the outside and the weathertech in-channels are $115 for my DC. Might just keep what I have. But I am between flights so my google searching is impaired...
I had the one's that tape to the outside and hated the look. Luckly the tape came off one of the visors within a couple weeks after purchase and I was able to take them back and exchange for in-channel.
http://www.autoanything.com/deflecto...0A2490264.aspx

Products Discussed in this Thread