Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Reviews/opinions Best headlight bulb other than HIDs

Old 12-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Rhino is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
Reviews/opinions Best headlight bulb other than HIDs

so guys whats your opinions on headlight bulbs and which one do you feel is the best?
Old 12-25-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
LifeIsGood169 will become famous soon enough

Name: Greg
LifeIsGood169's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to LifeIsGood169 Send a message via Skype™ to LifeIsGood169
I don't have a ton of experience with headlights, but this past month I got the sylvania xtravision (2003 tacoma - 9004 bulb). I can tell you it is 1000x brighter than my worn out stock bulbs & maybe 10-20% brighter than a brand new stock bulb. I've heard they wear out within a year. Honestly for the side road light difference I don't think I care. It was $18 including tax at walmart in NY for a pair of bulbs. Stock bulbs were $11+ 8% tax.

I will tell you stay away from anything with a "cool" blue coating on the bulb. Anything but clear glass is going to reduce light output. I didn't notice a huge light increase from trying the sylvania ultra 50% more powerful bulbs in an old toyota avalon. So this time I stuck with clear coated bulbs. Can't go wrong with stock or the Xtra-vision in my opinion.

If you want more light get some aftermarket lights. U can find some average ones for like $20-$40. Just aim them right or recess the light if it scatters & you'll have brighter headlights. I use some cheap @$$ 55w H3 halogen bulbs from a fan fixture. Was like $15 for the bulbs and a switch lmao.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...uctComparison/
Old 04-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
NHTacoma is on a distinguished road

NHTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood169 View Post
I don't have a ton of experience with headlights, but this past month I got the sylvania xtravision (2003 tacoma - 9004 bulb). I can tell you it is 1000x brighter than my worn out stock bulbs & maybe 10-20% brighter than a brand new stock bulb. I've heard they wear out within a year. Honestly for the side road light difference I don't think I care. It was $18 including tax at walmart in NY for a pair of bulbs. Stock bulbs were $11+ 8% tax.

I will tell you stay away from anything with a "cool" blue coating on the bulb. Anything but clear glass is going to reduce light output. I didn't notice a huge light increase from trying the sylvania ultra 50% more powerful bulbs in an old toyota avalon. So this time I stuck with clear coated bulbs. Can't go wrong with stock or the Xtra-vision in my opinion.

If you want more light get some aftermarket lights. U can find some average ones for like $20-$40. Just aim them right or recess the light if it scatters & you'll have brighter headlights. I use some cheap @$$ 55w H3 halogen bulbs from a fan fixture. Was like $15 for the bulbs and a switch lmao.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...uctComparison/
You mean 9003.....