Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Dual Battery Install

Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
overlandtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
overlandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dual Battery Install

Just installed a dual battery kit from Columbia Overland. Great item! I never could have fit the second battery in without it. Instead of their switching devices though, I opted for the simpler knife switches. Will post pics if it helps anyone.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Pics?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
spam
Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
spam
x2... with the name "overlandtaco", but hey, if it's a good product, nothing wrong with advertising
Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
Dual batteries

More pics are in my gallery. I am new to this site so I am not sure if others can access the rest of the pics or do I need to post each one here?

Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
why have 2?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #11
Dual batteries

1400 series Odyssey batteries. As for why two batteries...the Mrs. has some serious toys she likes to use in the woods.

If you are interested, the mounting box came from Columbia Overland. It is quality all the way! Great people to do business with too.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, Jim. Very nice.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZmMw...yer_detailpage
Old 01-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
ColumbiaOverland is on a distinguished road
ColumbiaOverland's Tacoma Gallery
Overlandtaco posted this review of his own volition, he doesn't work for us. I think he's just trying to share a good product here and provide a review. I would be happy to set up special pricing for the Tacomaworld forum on the trays and batteries but can do that in a more appropriate section of the forum.

The batteries are Odyssey PC1400's, group 34. The trays are coated in a special plastic that is impervious to battery acid and is also non-conductive.

Thank you all
Brent
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlandtaco View Post
1400 series Odyssey batteries. As for why two batteries...the Mrs. has some serious toys she likes to use in the woods.

If you are interested, the mounting box came from Columbia Overland. It is quality all the way! Great people to do business with too.

Two car batteries instead of double A's.. must be some toys..nah just messin looks cool ..
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbiaOverland View Post
Overlandtaco posted this review of his own volition, he doesn't work for us. I think he's just trying to share a good product here and provide a review. I would be happy to set up special pricing for the Tacomaworld forum on the trays and batteries but can do that in a more appropriate section of the forum.

The batteries are Odyssey PC1400's, group 34. The trays are coated in a special plastic that is impervious to battery acid and is also non-conductive.

Thank you all
Brent
nice man this looks great i think i need to do this mod to my little 4 banger..
Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #17
We are working on the newest revision for the 2.7L right now but can have that wrapped up in a week. We have had customers order them and only use one battery and the additional flat surface to mount air compressors and other goodies as well.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #18
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a group buy?
Ha my almost 4 year old batter took a dump today.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #19
If you can round up 5+ members then I would be happy to sell them for $150 each. We still do not have the revised 2.7L tray package available. Can't seem to find anyone in our area with that engine to verify the revision.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #20
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested in the V-6 version.