1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grip 4x4 Tire Chains Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by cutcoej, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Jan 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    cutcoej

cutcoej [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Emil
    Chino Hills, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner
    Deaver 10 Pack with icon 2.5 CDC shocks, MaxTrac Spindles with Icon RR Coilovers and Camburg UCA.
    Just to give you a little background. I am in southern California and I snowboard 1-2 times a week, I stay pretty local Wrightwood (Mt High). Chains or 4x4 are only required only a couple times during these season. Last season I had a 4x4 but I sold it to save some money. This year I only have my prerunner and to be honest it doesn’t do so well on the ice and snow. So I did me research and found the Grip 4X4 tire chains.

For the price, the ease of installment, and performance I don’t think you could get a better tire chain. They cost a little over $100 which is reasonable for chains. They performed well in the snow/ice (I have only used them once when it snowed in December; I went the morning after the major part of the storm had rolled through. Always had traction, never slid, and never spun the wheels). These were the easiest chains I have every put on. I have put on heavy duty chain, light chain, and cables but these were by far the easiest and quickest to put on and take off. Just follow the directions and your off and running in under 5 minutes. I think the only downside I found is the rubber pieces on the tensioner, like I said I only used them once, but I think you can definitely brake these pretty easy. I would suggest you carry an extra set of them.

I wanted to write a review because I did a ton a research to figure out what I wanted and what would work the best for me. So I wanted to let the rest of the community know that these are out there and they work like they are described (Trying to save you some trouble and help you make up your mind if you are unsure). I also have to pitch the company I bought them from tirechaindealer.com. By far the cheapest place to buy these chains. I also needed them in a hurry and gave them a call the day I purchased them online. I had missed the cutoff for shipping, but since the UPS truck hadn’t come by yet the made sure to get it packaged before it showed up instead of waiting for the next day’s pickup. So I wanted to thank the guys at tirechaindealer.com and hopefully send some business there way!

IMG_2804-1024x768.jpg

2. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    Thanks for the information.

3. Jan 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Thanks! I need to get chains for my truck and I've been looking at a lot of options. This really helps.

4. Oct 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    madrider

madrider Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 Prerunner 4
    thanks for the recommendation, will try them out...

Products Discussed in

To Top