Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Grip 4x4 Tire Chains Review

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
cutcoej is on a distinguished road

Name: Emil
cutcoej's Tacoma Gallery
Grip 4x4 Tire Chains Review

Just to give you a little background. I am in southern California and I snowboard 1-2 times a week, I stay pretty local Wrightwood (Mt High). Chains or 4x4 are only required only a couple times during these season. Last season I had a 4x4 but I sold it to save some money. This year I only have my prerunner and to be honest it doesnít do so well on the ice and snow. So I did me research and found the Grip 4X4 tire chains.

For the price, the ease of installment, and performance I donít think you could get a better tire chain. They cost a little over $100 which is reasonable for chains. They performed well in the snow/ice (I have only used them once when it snowed in December; I went the morning after the major part of the storm had rolled through. Always had traction, never slid, and never spun the wheels). These were the easiest chains I have every put on. I have put on heavy duty chain, light chain, and cables but these were by far the easiest and quickest to put on and take off. Just follow the directions and your off and running in under 5 minutes. I think the only downside I found is the rubber pieces on the tensioner, like I said I only used them once, but I think you can definitely brake these pretty easy. I would suggest you carry an extra set of them.

I wanted to write a review because I did a ton a research to figure out what I wanted and what would work the best for me. So I wanted to let the rest of the community know that these are out there and they work like they are described (Trying to save you some trouble and help you make up your mind if you are unsure). I also have to pitch the company I bought them from tirechaindealer.com. By far the cheapest place to buy these chains. I also needed them in a hurry and gave them a call the day I purchased them online. I had missed the cutoff for shipping, but since the UPS truck hadnít come by yet the made sure to get it packaged before it showed up instead of waiting for the next dayís pickup. So I wanted to thank the guys at tirechaindealer.com and hopefully send some business there way!
Attached Thumbnails
Grip 4x4 Tire Chains Review-img_2804-1024x768.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the information.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I need to get chains for my truck and I've been looking at a lot of options. This really helps.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
madrider is on a distinguished road
madrider's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the recommendation, will try them out...