Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Questions about Plastidip!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
jbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
jbclarke16's Tacoma Gallery
Questions about Plastidip!

Tomorrow i plan on using plastidip to black my grill surround, and all other chrome, plus the bottom lip on the front on my tacoma and i was wondering how good this stuff holds up?
Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Plan on it holding up approx 8 months before you have to redo it... of you want it to stay looking good
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
jbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to beholdjbclarke16 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
jbclarke16's Tacoma Gallery
i gotcha.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Plan on it holding up approx 8 months before you have to redo it... of you want it to stay looking good
Pretty accurate on the time right there.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Another somewhat related question:
I painted the strips at my windows with plasti dip, and it looks okay (a lot better than before anyways), however, when I drive with the window open and have my arm resting on the strip, it is still sticky. It is about 2 or 3 months since I painted it. Does it stay sticky like this?
Thanks.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Heat from the sun tends to make it feel sticky. Don't expect it to go away as long as the sun is still shining
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ga-thread.html
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Friends don't let friends use plastiderp.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
shortays is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylorr
shortays's Tacoma Gallery
Sadly opted to doing my wheels and tails, and considering I'm off road a lot for work, its held up great! And the lights (in my opinion) look great, tons of compliments
Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #11
WiscTaco is on a distinguished road
Army: Prior guardian of freedoms.
WiscTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I also need to do something with the window strips. As anyone done anything other than plasti dip? The sticky part seems like it would get rather annoying at times.

I assume a possibly option would be to sand the mother out of it and use some good ol' rattle can action. Has anyone done something like that?