Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

RotoPAx Mounts

Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLYW00D View Post

I went with the All-Pro rack and had it welded together and custom container mounts welded on, the spacing was off to use the standard Rotopax mounting plate.
that looks amazing. did all the weight mess with the rear suspension ride quality
Old 04-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery

Here are some updated pics with the front and rear bumpers installed and a few other goodies. The suspension that I chose for the truck was picked with the final weight of the truck in mind. When the truck was first lifted the ride was very stiff and bouncy but now that the truck is loaded up and at par with the suspension the ride is awesome.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #23
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
^ Looks really good man.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #24
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
How is the space in the bed with those bed racks? Are the top bars high enough to still allow you to mount bikes on the front rail?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
The bed is still fully useable even with tools mounted on the inside. I have a hi-lift on the pass side and an axe and shovel on the drivers. You might fit a bike on the front rail but not to sure as only own a motorcycle. the rack sits just about the height of the top of rear glass if that helps with estimating.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #26
grizquad is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
grizquad's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking on the Roto Pax website for my ATV, and they had the inner bed rail mounts for the Tacoma and Nissan trucks. Pretty cool.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got my 3 gallon can and rail mount in...

Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How sturdy does it feel when it's full and mounted ?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How sturdy does it feel when it's full and mounted ?
Pretty damn sturdy, from the feel. I still need to fill the can up to check more.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #30
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
Pretty damn sturdy, from the feel. I still need to fill the can up to check more.
Cool , report back .
Old 05-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #31

Quote:
Cool , report back .
Will do for sure.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #32

So, the bed rail mount holds up really holds sturdy with the 3 gallon jug filled. Really pleased!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadesOfGrey View Post
So, the bed rail mount holds up really holds sturdy with the 3 gallon jug filled. Really pleased!
Awesome
Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Awesome
Ordering another one for the other side tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
We utilized some on a recent build for a customer. This was the first time I've dealt with them and I was really happy with them.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
We utilized some on a recent build for a customer. This was the first time I've dealt with them and I was really happy with them.

Nice !
Old 05-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
How strong are these packs? Would they survive an accident if a vehicle rear ended someone with them mounted on a bumper or God forbid survive a roll over when mounted on a rack?
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #39
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice !
Thanks! Here's a link to the rest of the build..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ion-1-a-4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
All 2 Gal sized??
Yea I think that's what they were. 1 water, 1 fuel, 1 first aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
How strong are these packs? Would they survive an accident if a vehicle rear ended someone with them mounted on a bumper or God forbid survive a roll over when mounted on a rack?
Not sure how well they would hold up to such a strong impact like that. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are actually made by Scepter, the same company who makes the legendary fuel cans that the military uses and were banned from sale here in the US.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post

Not sure how well they would hold up to such a strong impact like that. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are actually made by Scepter, the same company who makes the legendary fuel cans that the military uses and were banned from sale here in the US.
Understandable. They look very stout but I'm sure they are not "certified" against impacts like that. Luckily they are thin and I could mount them in the bed without losing a lot of real estate.

I need to stay away from this thread I'm getting too many ideas and I already am saving pennies to buy a few of your products.