Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

RotoPAx Mounts

Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #61
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
I had steel plate welded to the bedrack side bars, drilled holes in it to accomodate the Rotopax ATV mounts and attached the Rotopax containers to the ATV mount using Rotopax fasteners.

You can see the ATV plate bolted to the rack plate on the left side of the truck and just the bare plate on the right side of the truck.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #62
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
The absolute LAST thing I needed to do was find this thread. Fuck, there is SOO much cool shit on this GD website!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #63
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a mount to where I can mount some in the bed and still be able to use my bed cover?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #65
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Give it a few days and we can play with the set I got and figure it out. Worst case we can fab you a mount...
Yeah I'm thinking about getting some or waiting a little while and get a bed rack and mount them to the side. You going to be around tomorrow?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #66
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
To original poster:
I see you have a 4 gallon pack mounted on the inside of your bed rack as well as one on the outside of the rack. I am building up something very similar and was wondering how the ones on the INSIDE work out for you. It would seem that that once you remove the locking handle the pack would fall right off of the aluminum post. Is this a problem for you?

I am just trying to figure out how many packs I can mount or have the capability of carrying, and having capacity for another set of packs INSIDE the rack would double my capability. I want a couple or three of the storage packs to put recovery gear in, at least 4 gallons fuel capability, and a couple water packs, so I am looking for ultimately capability of carrying 7 packs. I would get 4 at first and add on the rest as finances allow.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #67
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up (2) 4 gal gas units myself. Trying to figure out if I want to mount them to the roof rack, side of the bed rack or on the swing arm. [ I already have 2 mounted to the swing arm ]
Old 03-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #68
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
I just picked up (2) 4 gal gas units myself. Trying to figure out if I want to mount them to the roof rack, side of the bed rack or on the swing arm. [ I already have 2 mounted to the swing arm ]
Just thinking your situation, I would probably mouint the packs on the bed rack. Packs mopunted on the roof rack? This seems like it would be hard to access them unless you are 9 feet tall.

By swing arm do you mean swing out (for spare tire or whatever) on the back of the truck? This may also be good place for more packs as long as you keep the total weight within the capacity of the swing-out. The good thing about doubling up on the swing out is you would not need to buy more of the pack mounts, just the EXTENTION mounts.....
Old 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #69
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
Will their bed rail mounts fit on a 2012?

http://www.rotopax.com/Toyota-Nissan...tured_product=
Old 03-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #70
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army:
60driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Is there a mount to where I can mount some in the bed and still be able to use my bed cover?
I was actually coming to this thread to post my weekend project when I saw you asking this question. Here's what I did to fit it under my roll up tonneau. Thanks to the other posts in this thread I could tell the rotopax brand mount wouldn't. For the top I used unistruts with springs and a big washer. The bottom is basically rubber door stopper to add rigidity without drilling into the bed.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #71
AllBLKTaco will become famous soon enough

Army: 101st Airborne, 3rd ACR Ft Bliss
AllBLKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
To original poster:
I see you have a 4 gallon pack mounted on the inside of your bed rack as well as one on the outside of the rack. I am building up something very similar and was wondering how the ones on the INSIDE work out for you. It would seem that that once you remove the locking handle the pack would fall right off of the aluminum post. Is this a problem for you?

I am just trying to figure out how many packs I can mount or have the capability of carrying, and having capacity for another set of packs INSIDE the rack would double my capability. I want a couple or three of the storage packs to put recovery gear in, at least 4 gallons fuel capability, and a couple water packs, so I am looking for ultimately capability of carrying 7 packs. I would get 4 at first and add on the rest as finances allow.
It has never been a problem, been using that setup for two years now!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #72
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBLKTaco View Post
It has never been a problem, been using that setup for two years now!
Good to hear. So you are reporting thet the inboard mounted fuel packs ride just fine in there even though they are "preloaded" against the pack handle all the time. My concern of them being difficult to remove and replace when full is no problem for you. I would mount the less used packs inboard, and if this is the fuel it would then be less vulnerable in the event of an impact with rocks or tree branches.

Thanks for the reply!
Desert Drifter
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #73
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
just scored 2 3 gal rotopax gas containers and the necessary mounting hardware. Stoked! Used the Tacoma code, got 15% but not able to stack any other codes... i think they're on to us
Old 07-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #74

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60driver View Post
I was actually coming to this thread to post my weekend project when I saw you asking this question. Here's what I did to fit it under my roll up tonneau. Thanks to the other posts in this thread I could tell the rotopax brand mount wouldn't. For the top I used unistruts with springs and a big washer. The bottom is basically rubber door stopper to add rigidity without drilling into the bed.

Sweet thanks man. What size rotopax is that?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #75
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Rotopax mounted to a Frontrunner roof rack.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #76
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Sweet thanks man. What size rotopax is that?
It's the 3 gal
Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #77

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's the 3 gal
Does your tonneau cover still fit with it right there?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #78

Army:
Quote:
Does your tonneau cover still fit with it right there?
Yea, it's just a roll up tonneau with Velcro sides. It mounts between the track and the bed so you can still use all the rails. Bought it off a friend so not sure brand or model etc.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #79

Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea, it's just a roll up tonneau with Velcro sides. It mounts between the track and the bed so you can still use all the rails. Bought it off a friend so not sure brand or model etc.
Ok I have a similar tonneau and wan t ed to make sure it would fit under it
Old 11-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #80
REVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shedREVNHI is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
REVNHI's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Rotopax Tacoma mount and it fits under the bed cover.