LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Baja Roof Rack

Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Baja Roof Rack

Hey guys, I just bought a Baja Roof Rack and installed it on my truck. Thought I'd show everyone a few pictures to help anyone who is debating buying one. If anyone wants more pictures just let me know and I'll do my best to get them posted! Also I bought this from Southeast Overland in Seneca, SC, if you can buy it from him I highly recommend it. Awesome customer service and he will ship it to you. (http://www.southeastoverland.com/)

Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Jake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to beholdJake7 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Levi
Jake7's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, what did that cost you? I've been thinkin about a roof rack for mine.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Looks good, what did that cost you? I've been thinkin about a roof rack for mine.
I payed $556 shipped to the store I got it from. That included the mounting brackets and all hardware to mount it. Also is fits in the factory holes of the OEM rack so there is no drilling required!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
looks good, I've been considering this, how is the wind noise? any loss in MPG?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #5

When both wind farings were on the rack the wind noise was hardly noticeable, but I took the bottom faring off so I will be able to add lights to the front of the rack. Since I took the bottom faring off the wind noise is louder and is definitely noticeable when going 50+ mph. In regards to MPG I don't know for sure if I am loosing any but if I had to guess I am loosing some MPG because it seems like I have to give it more gas to pick up speed then I used to have to.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
2010TRDtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: James
2010TRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRDtaco View Post
Looks good man
Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkindrublic View Post
When both wind farings were on the rack the wind noise was hardly noticeable, but I took the bottom faring off so I will be able to add lights to the front of the rack. Since I took the bottom faring off the wind noise is louder and is definitely noticeable when going 50+ mph. In regards to MPG I don't know for sure if I am loosing any but if I had to guess I am loosing some MPG because it seems like I have to give it more gas to pick up speed then I used to have to.

thanks, and it looks great btw. Might have to save up for one soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
I have been thinking of getting one, Do you have pics of it with out the front shield, i want to place some lights on the front and the sides.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0LLYW00D View Post
I have been thinking of getting one, Do you have pics of it with out the front shield, i want to place some lights on the front and the sides.
I don't have any pics without the front shield as I have not taken it off. I am however planning on putting 4 IPF 868 lights on the front without taking the front shield off. As soon as I get that done I'll post the pics to this thread for you to see. FYI if you take the bottom shield off it will give you access to 6 tabs on the backside of the front lower bar that you can make a tab for that will hold lights. If that is confusing I'll do my best to get some pictures up soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
thanks, and it looks great btw. Might have to save up for one soon.
Thanks! I hope some other people start to get em.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
not to thread jack but here is something that a tacomaworld member built for himself, just wanted to throw out some other ideas for you guys...dont get be wrong ryan urs is badass too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
wow, old thread lol. things have come a long way since this.

i sold my thule setup to another member on here, and then overhauled the entire light rack for him. fully welded it, and added a floor.

here's what it's turned into:

I've also build myself another rack, to work with the factory bold holes under the weather stripping

Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #13

That rack looks really good. To bad its not mass produced!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #14

yeah, that's the issue. Thanks for Sharing Ryan, now to shop around...
Old 03-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
neophyte
John BIG will become famous soon enoughJohn BIG will become famous soon enough
Name: mann
John BIG's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine a week before they open it to market that's why I paid more. I like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
yeah, that's the issue. Thanks for Sharing Ryan, now to shop around...
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #16

Here are some pics with the lights I just added to my rack. I added 2 RI Duallys to the rear and 4 IPF 868s to the front. Also there is a pic of the tab I used to mount the front lights.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #17
The light was yellow, Sir.
bridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rack! Ever think about painting the fairing all black?

I really wish the 2nd gen BajaRack was available when I took the plunge on the OEM bars + 1st gen rack. I painted my wind fairing black since I debadged my truck and don't like to advertise.

My rack is solid as heck but the OEM bars can't handle the load. When I return from my summer road trip I'll have to order one of those and sell my current setup on craigslist.

Nice pics!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridaw View Post
Nice rack! Ever think about painting the fairing all black?

I really wish the 2nd gen BajaRack was available when I took the plunge on the OEM bars + 1st gen rack. I painted my wind fairing black since I debadged my truck and don't like to advertise.

My rack is solid as heck but the OEM bars can't handle the load. When I return from my summer road trip I'll have to order one of those and sell my current setup on craigslist.

Nice pics!
Thanks man! I don't think I will paint the fairing black because I don't mind the advertising. Also I can add white vinyl stickers there to match my white truck. I also happen to have a sticker from the store I got the rack from and the guy is awesome. Gave me a slight discount because I payed cash. Also he helps you install it for no extra cost what so ever!

His site is: http://www.southeastoverland.com/index.php
He has some other cool stuff too.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #19
Ninja Status
julian parzival is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: julian
julian parzival's Tacoma Gallery
well done. thanks for the pics!!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian parzival View Post
well done. thanks for the pics!!
Thanks! If anyone wants more pics I can put some up once I take a few more. Just let me know.