Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

Old 03-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd

Now I need to figure out how to attach my valentine as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #22
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I am in....pm'd
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Sending PM. At 6'3 the mirror placement is really annoying to me.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
ImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jerry
ImMrYo's Tacoma Gallery
SOLD OUT !
Apparently, given such an overwhelming response, this mirror placement issue is quite a thorn. I only wish I had made more, sorry.
What I willl do is check with my machinest about running another batch after collecting feedback on the current units re: model/year fitment and improvements.

I will respond to all the PM's shortly.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #25
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
woo hoo!

loving the positive response!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #26
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
If you/anyone can confirm this will also fit the 2012 put me on the waiting list for one if you're able to get more made.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #27
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrubiu View Post
If you/anyone can confirm this will also fit the 2012 put me on the waiting list for one if you're able to get more made.

X2
Old 03-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #28
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
So, if we didn't get response yet, we don't get one?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #29
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
NOOOOOOOOO how did I miss this?? Lol, I'll give someone $30 for theirs.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #30
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
So got my mount today and got it installed. At 6'3" this has always been a huge annoyance to me. This is generally what my view used to look like while driving.

Install only takes a couple minutes with the directions already outlined above and provided with the product. Did take a couple pics anyways.

View after removing plastic cover over wiring with wiring unplugged.

Rear view mirror removed.

Mount slid into place. You'll probably have to pull back your headliner a bit to slide the top up a bit so you can get the right angle to slide the mount down onto the existing windshield mount.

Only part that may give you trouble for a second if you're brain dead like me is if you try and install it like so.

The wiring connector makes it impossible to slide into place.

But what I didn't notice without the help of ImMrYo is that the connector comes off. You'll need to first remove the plastic that holds the wiring in place around the mirror stalk. This will give you slack that you can pull the wire connector off from the black plastic of the mirror(forgot to take a picture with it off). You'll then be able to slide the skinny part that's left behind the headliner so you can again get the right angle to slide the mirror down onto the new mount.

Really a simple process and such a simple yet beneficial modification. I can now actually see when turning right lol.

If he makes another batch of these, I'd highly recommend picking one up if you're tall enough to have this issue. It raises it up just enough to give you a much better line of sight without having to bend down.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #31
Blueridge is on a distinguished road

Blueridge's Tacoma Gallery
Received mine today and installed in minutes! The mirror position was my only complaint about the truck besides my rear leafs, and that's getting resolved, I think.
Pic shot from eye level:
Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket-img_20120328_192707.jpg
Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #32
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Haven't got mine yet. Will take longer to get here anyways.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Received mine today... with a little mod it worked like a champ ... thanks ImMrYo

Before install:

Had to cut a little notch to have the headliner return to original position, this was later covered back up with OEM cover:

After install:

Old 03-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #34
jhu616 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tripp
jhu616's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. I am very interested when the next batch comes through! being 6'3" makes it hard to see out sometimes!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a market for these.
Let us know if he starts selling them.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
Also pm'ed for waiting list.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
ImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jerry
ImMrYo's Tacoma Gallery
Creative Insall

jpmorrisvb, I see by the pics you got creative. Not quite what I had intended but seems to work. Is there enough clearance between the white connectors and the metal window frame? Did I understand you were able to put back 1 of the 3 cover pieces?
A bit more agressive install but....To you, was this mirror riser installation a worthwhile project?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #39
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrYo View Post
jpmorrisvb, I see by the pics you got creative. Not quite what I had intended but seems to work. Is there enough clearance between the white connectors and the metal window frame? Did I understand you were able to put back 1 of the 3 cover pieces?
A bit more agressive install but....To you, was this mirror riser installation a worthwhile project?
Although I did not take a picture, I did replace the smaller of the two covers ... the one that is over the white connection ... notching the headliner just a bit and it snapped right into place. The 1st 5 miles I did notice a slight difference in looking at it (as it is higher, and muscle memory being what it is) but my eyes adjusted.

Bottom line .... yes it is.

The check is in the mail ... (I always wanted to say that ... )
Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
bassinman has a spectacular aura aboutbassinman has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Fighter mechanic, Vietnam era
Name: John
bassinman's Tacoma Gallery
Received Extension yesterday, installed today. Stripped the three plastic cover pieces off of the mirror, installed bracket and mirror, stuffed connectors and excess wire up into headliner. Looks factory installed!!! Fantastic product. Couple of fellas in my neighborhood will purchase when available. Joked to Jerry that I want dibs on southwest distributorship. 2011 Prerunner DCSWB.