Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
cmoschip is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
cmoschip's Tacoma Gallery
Received the extension today and just installed. Quick and easy. I have a 2008 with the "regular" mirror - no fancy stuff. I do have my radar detector mounted to the mirror - didn't even have to remove the mount. Forgot to take pictures before so I only have a couple of pics afterwards.

Thanks, ImMrYo! I'll send payment tomorrow!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #42
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine today, & it is perfect. The install was very simple. It actually took me longer to remove the mirror than it did to install the bracket. It is a very tight, but perfect fit. I am very impressed with the quality & craftsmanship of it. I was expecting much rougher, angular cuts & corners since this is version 1.0, but this thing is flawless. I feel damn lucky to be part of the 1st 20 to get 1. This is 1 of my top 5 favorite mods. Check is in the mail.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #43
cmoschip is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
cmoschip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomg View Post
I got mine today, & it is perfect. The install was very simple. It actually took me longer to remove the mirror than it did to install the bracket. It is a very tight, but perfect fit. I am very impressed with the quality & craftsmanship of it. I was expecting much rougher, angular cuts & corners since this is version 1.0, but this thing is flawless. I feel damn lucky to be part of the 1st 20 to get 1. This is 1 of my top 5 favorite mods. Check is in the mail.
X2
Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #44
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for one of these if they become available again. Cant stand the blind spot. Pics look great from those of you who were lucky to get one.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn it, wasn't quick enough on this one. PM'd and absolutely interested in the next batch.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #46
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine installed this morning. The craftsmanship of the bracket is second to none. I don't know if this was mentioned before, but the screw holding the factory mirror was a Torx, T20 for my 2011. Thanks for a fantastic product.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #47
Dravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Dravyss's Tacoma Gallery
Mest mod out there!

Got mine in yesterday and installed this afternoon. I was not expecting such high quality machined piece for being the first model. The new mirror location will be a bit of getting used to but it is not inconvenient.

I do not have to hunch down to see if there is a car to my right at a 4 way stop and that is beyond amazing.

In the mail, your check is!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #48
Waiting to see...
Skycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud of

Army: 11B2PB4
Name: Tony
Skycam3's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 6" and this is by far, the absolute best mod to date. It took all of about 2 minutes but being able to see in the "rear view blind spot" is priceless. I have a 2012 DCLB Sport with the Entune and everything works like a champ. EVERYONE needs one of these. My wife is 5'5" and even she says it makes a difference for her. As long as you don't try to shove it in with a freakin hammer, there shouldn't be any problems. I'll post up some pics in the morning but the included instructions are clear. MAKE MORE OF THESE! I'd even pay a little more than what they cost just because of the increased safety factor...and I'm a cheap bastard.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #49
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
When I get mine, I will see what it takes to make them. If ImMrYo doesn't make any, then I (with his permission) will.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #50
dlcrabill is on a distinguished road
Army: FSNCO Alpha Company, 2 BN, 8th IN
Name: David
dlcrabill's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Put me on the list.

Count me in when you get more made.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #51
drarin is on a distinguished road
drarin's Tacoma Gallery
THIS is my favorite mod to the truck yet. I see ZERO drawbacks to this modification. And I am also here to report that it WILL work with a 2005 standard mirror with no electrical.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #52
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
When I get mine, I will see what it takes to make them. If ImMrYo doesn't make any, then I (with his permission) will.
Subbed for sure. Good luck to you
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #53
MakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMakoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
MakoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
While I enjoy looking at my face in the mirror, I could use one of these.

Lemme know when more are avail!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #54
Dunkel is on a distinguished road

Dunkel's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the bracket installed. Not sure why I put it off. Took less than 10 min to put on and it's sooooo much nicer not having to hunch all the time. This is how the truck should have been stock.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #55
drarin is on a distinguished road
drarin's Tacoma Gallery
as for the 2005 (and maybe others?) mirror....

the only variable seems to be the plastic mirror base. the aluminum tab glued to the glass is most likely exactly the same. the clip base that i have, slides over the metal tab, and and a flexible tab snaps over the far (flat) side of the tab, locking it on. And because the machined tab on the extension bracket is the exact same dimensions, the base slides onto the tab and automatically locks in place just the same. there is no "bolt" like on some of the other mirrors.

it literally took me 5 minutes to install.

The fit is perfect, the top of the extension bracket is pretty much flush with where the headliner starts. it was tight and flush with my glass, so i didnt bother using the tape. just snugged down the grub screw. It is a beautifully designed product, the end look is very "stock". the quality of the machining is perfect. I think it is a great value and definitely the best money ive ever spent on my truck. The view out the front window is SOOOOO much better without that mirror in the way.

I put a check in the mail today. Thank you again.

Arin
Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #56
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Okay ... I'll be the 1st to post this on this thread. We all got the message from Terry about the set screw being tightened too much.

I had mine installed (I posted before and after pictures) but removed it to sit back and take a closer look.

The idea and machining is great ... I was totally blow out of the water by it.

Having said that, what have y'all done differently? Do you have any concerns?

I would be curious to hear directly from the guy whose windshield/mount area cracked.

Still holding on ... I want to re-install.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #58
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd before I saw they were sold out. I WANT ONE!!! Let me know when they are ready. 6'2" and have noticed this is a problem many times.
BTW: I love TW because otherwise people would do this stuff for their trucks and the rest of us without a mill would have no idea.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #59
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quite simply one of the easiest mods to install with a great amount of benefit from it. At over six foot tall I found myself almost looking down to the mirror instead of up to it. And for those that are wondering, the only view that changes is the view out the windshield, the rear view stays the same so you aren't sacrificing anything to get the benefit.

Thank you Jerry for creating such an easy to use and high quality solution to a problem that has plagued many of us Tacoma owners.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #60
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I finally received mine this weekend and have to echo all of the previous posts regarding the quality. If you understood the true definition of "flawless" you then could understand the quality of this product! Only problem I am having is that I have the base mirror with the plastic snap cover and wanted to ask for advice on removing it. I am a little too big to squeeze in the dash area to look underneath the mirror bracket to see if there is a tab of sorts that I have to get to with a screw driver or something! Can someone with experience please advise how to remove mirror?