Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #761
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post

PM ImMrYo for more information and ordering
That took a lot of digging, was all the way back in the first post..
Here's some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMrYo View Post
Click the little blue arrow ^here^ to go to the post, and then on the left side "profile" click the

First, many thanks to "leveltwo" for his pics and great write up.

Being 6' made it a nessaty to raise my rear view mirror as high as possible due to the huge blind spot encountered with the OEM mount location. After one too many "close calls" I designed and had fabricated a mirror lift bracket (plus a few extra) because other TWF had posted about the same issue. These are 6061 aluminum with a milled female mount on one side and up about 2" on the other side is a machined male mount. They were tumble debured, black anodized and kitted with a cone point set screw and allen wrench.
That was 3 years ago. After seeing a recent post I was prompted to finally do something with the 20 units I have available. I'm asking $25 (postage included)
If this sounds like the solution for you, send me a PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #762
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
That took a lot of digging, was all the way back in the first post..
You forgot to say Welcome to TW.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #763
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
You forgot to say Welcome to TW.
Use the search button!!!

That's hello and welcome in TW speak right? I was still editing..
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #764
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Installed and payment sent. Love the new mirror mount
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #765
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatDrall View Post
Sorry if this is covered, I read through a few pages and did not find what I need to do to order one of these. My '11 Tacoma's mirror is in the middle of my window, I need to bend down to make a right turn and it's driving me crazy.

Any help is appreciated...
Pm ImMrYo
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #766
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatDrall View Post
Sorry if this is covered, I read through a few pages and did not find what I need to do to order one of these. My '11 Tacoma's mirror is in the middle of my window, I need to bend down to make a right turn and it's driving me crazy.

Any help is appreciated...
You need to private message "PM" ImMrYO.. Tell him you want one of his rear view brackets, he'll need your address etc. You will receive the bracket including an already stamped envelope, you just put your payment in and return it.. Here's a link to his profile. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/member.php?u=73449
When you get to that page look in the middle where it says "about me, statistics, and ""contact info""< click that, then send him a PM.

On a side note you can also PM people by the little blue bubble looking thing down at the bottom of peoples screen name/avatars. To the left of all comments posted.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #767
LRGRNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Pm ImMrYo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
You need to private message "PM" ImMrYO.. Tell him you want one, he'll need your address etc. You will receive the bracket including an already stamped envelope, you just put your payment in and return it.. Here's a link to his profile. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/member.php?u=73449
When you get to that page look in the middle where it says "about me, statistics, and ""contact info""< click that, then send him a PM.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #768
RatDrall is on a distinguished road
RatDrall's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I missed that, I guess I was looking for a Paypal or mailing address and missed the obvious

PM sent, and thanks for all of the fast responses
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #769
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Thanks, I guess I was typing as OZ-T responded faster, trying to help him out with more detailed info, specially since it was his first post.. thanks for the bubble. lol
Old 06-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #770
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
just installed 751, check is in the mail!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #771
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
741 installed and paid! Awesome product.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #772
Damit man
BoTacoGA is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
BoTacoGA's Tacoma Gallery
Just came in. Will install this tomorrow. Who do I make the check out to? Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #773
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Check is in the hands of the USPS
Great product....
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #774
grooter is on a distinguished road
grooter's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the fast shipping, #746 payment is heading out to you...
Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #775
TannerTaco is on a distinguished road

TannerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
#758 - Happy Customer!

I just installed my mirror mount in my 2006 Tacoma DC. I think it took me longer to open the package than it did to actually remove the mirror, install the bracket, and remount the mirror. Seriously, it was way easier than I expected. So long, Mr. Blindspot!

Thanks, Gerald, for such a great product. Check will be mailed tomorrow!

EDIT: I added the before/after pictures to show the difference. I put my iPhone up at my eye to take the pictures. I'm 6'2", so look at the huge improvement in visibility!
In the second picture, there's actually a car sitting there behind my mirror.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket-img_6097.jpg   Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket-img_6098.jpg   Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket-img_6117.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #776
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Installed today. What a blessing. Once installed, I did not reinstall the plastic cover on the mirror stem when everything was said and done. The photos in my gallery should illustrate what I'm referring to.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #777
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoTacoGA View Post
Just came in. Will install this tomorrow. Who do I make the check out to? Thanks again.
There was an envelope with a name, address, and return postage. Make the check out to the name on the envelope...
Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #778
CWG is on a distinguished road

CWG's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome product. The proverbial "check is in the mail".

Well done.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #779
RatDrall is on a distinguished road
RatDrall's Tacoma Gallery
#755 payment sent.

Install took less than 5 minutes, BIG difference in visibilty. Thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #780
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
#749 installed and payment mailed today. Easy install and now i dont have a blind spot. Thanks