Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

Old 03-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Review: ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket

If you want your mirror out of the way, here is your answer.

I was graciously donated one of these brackets from forum member ImMrYo, to test and review.

Product:
'09-'11 (possibly '12) Mirror Lift Bracket (for camera rear view mirror)
Black Anodized Aluminum one piece construction
Fits on stock mirror tab on windshield

Install:
I unfortunately do not have my installation pics, but it is straight forward.

1: Slide plastic wire cover off top of Mirror
2: Unplug mirror wire
3: Loosen Mirror Bolt and remove mirror
4: Remove 2nd plastic tab from wiring on mirror and set aside. Both plastic tabs will not be used again
5: Slide new mirror bracket over stock windshield mount, tighten bolt with supplied allen key
6: Slide mirror on upper bracket notch, tighten stock bolt on mirror
7: Attach wiring and tuck above headliner

The bracket has double sided tape to aid in securing the new riser to the windshield, however I did not need it, this bracket is secure without it.

Again I apologize for not having step by step pics, but the install is very straight forward, just make sure to remove both plastic wiring surrounds from mirror or else you could crack the glass at the glued bracket during the install due to the tight quarters this thing need to fit.

Finished and out of the way:

Review:

It has been a week since the install and the bracket is holding up strong. I have no complaints about this bracket, and am happy I dont have to duck down to look past my mirror any more!

This bracket looks stock, is very well made, and definitely worth it (its the little things that make me happy)

PM ImMrYo for more information and ordering
Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed! I think I have to have one of these.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Price?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Price?
PM ImMrYo

I think he was still deciding...

edit: I sent him a PM with this thread attached, so maybe he will comment here...
Old 03-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Price?
X2..... looks good

EDIT: nvm just saw above post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHA!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #9
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Yes please.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #10
ImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shedImMrYo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jerry
ImMrYo's Tacoma Gallery
First, many thanks to "leveltwo" for his pics and great write up.

Being 6' made it a nessaty to raise my rear view mirror as high as possible due to the huge blind spot encountered with the OEM mount location. After one too many "close calls" I designed and had fabricated a mirror lift bracket (plus a few extra) because other TWF had posted about the same issue. These are 6061 aluminum with a milled female mount on one side and up about 2" on the other side is a machined male mount. They were tumble debured, black anodized and kitted with a cone point set screw and allen wrench.
That was 3 years ago. After seeing a recent post I was prompted to finally do something with the 20 units I have available. I'm asking $25 (postage included)
If this sounds like the solution for you, send me a PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
definitely subbing for this. even at 5'-8" the mirror seems to be in the way.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
I need this. I have been waiting for this since buying my truck. PM incoming.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Will this work for the 05-08's?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #17
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Will this work for the 05-08's?
Yes
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
Dunkel is on a distinguished road

Dunkel's Tacoma Gallery
This thread just made my day
Old 03-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
zomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the roughzomg is a jewel in the rough

zomg's Tacoma Gallery
My PM's are not showing as sent. Did you get either message, ImMrYo?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #20
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so stoked that someone actually did something about this! So thank you very much! Hopefully I'm one of the first 20 to reply because this has been a big problem for me.