Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

requesting feed back on other Weathertech products...

Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I have floor mats, vent visors and the plate covers all from them. I like them but honestly a black piece of plastic is a black piece of plastic, I just like things simple and uniform and their quality elsewhere impressed me so I got them too. Worth it to me, I particularly like the depth of them and that the screw caps hide the screws. Hope that answers your inquiry somewhat

Nvm dude, I shoulda clicked the link first, I don't have those but would expect their quality to be on par with everything else they make. Don't mind my retarded ramblings above. . .
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
mcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the rough
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 12 and have also considered these as I am waiting for new plates. I had an 02 and used similar but the cover yellowed over time, I would think their quality is much better though. On my truck with the temporary dealer frame is only attached by the 2 top screws and the bottom of the plate only goes down about 3/4 inch over top of valance and just rests there. I see no predrilled/marked holes on valance for plate. I read installation instructions for clear cover and couldn't tell for sure how it would fit/work with the 2 holes currently used. I think it would just use the top 2 screws, I would prefer using 4 but not much room for bottom screws. Hopefully you'll buy clear cover and let me know ! I could probably call them and find out fit also, on my 02 frames fit with 4 screws, I guess on the 12 frames are only attached with top screws unless you use machined screws into valance. Take a look and let me know what you think.