Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

So now I know - Tacoma 4 cylinder review

Old 05-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #41
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGralnic View Post
I love my 4cl. I never underestimate my trucks engine. I rarely even look at the odometer. I keep it on my trip miles for my next oil change. That's all that really matters since the engine should last forver with the way I baby it. Yeah its not the fastest engine out there, but neither was the 22r! Toyota put the 2tr in these trucks for reason and still do. If they felt they made a wrong decision they wouldn't keep using them. They kept everything a truck would be used for in mind when they threw the 2tr in the engine compartment for the first time. Towing, hauling, driving uphill, if you don't like slow but steady, get the v6. If you want the better mpg, and a longer lasting- more reliable engine get over the fact that the 4 banger is not built for speed.
I like your truck, too. I think the smaller the cab, the better looking the truck. I just needed the Access Cab space.

I baby my truck, too. That's probably why I don't think it's underpowered.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #42
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's crazy to complain about the power from a 2.7 lol. If you need power you just get the v6. Pretty simple. I could have got one but I drive my truck more then anyone I know as my daily driver son it just didn't make sense. Ideally I should own 1/2 ton truck for my toys and other loads, and a small car to rip around in. But it made more sense to me to meet in the middle. I haul everything I need with this little beast and it goes through everything
Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #43
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 6cyl and HAD a 4cyl--need the power-get the 6. Especially in hilly country.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #44
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
My little 4 banger is fantastic. It' not a v8, I knew that when I bought her. She hauls me and all my work crap(construction) around just fine. Do I have to press the pedal a little harder going up big hills and when I wan t to pass? Yeah, but I do sure like getting 21-22 MPG. I could have waited longer and put useless money into my old crap cavalier, got a v6, but I'm happy with what I have.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #45
ChrisGralnic is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ChrisGralnic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKong View Post
I like your truck, too. I think the smaller the cab, the better looking the truck. I just needed the Access Cab space.

I baby my truck, too. That's probably why I don't think it's underpowered.
I don't like having no room. However, when i get out of it and turn around, i find myself staring for a good 45 seconds to a minute. No shame. Lol!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #46
JHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant futureJHG57 has a brilliant future

Name: James
JHG57's Tacoma Gallery
For me the 4 Banger gets me everywhere I need to go with minimal downshifting. It is a 5 speed Manual Tranny, they are made to shift gears as needed.
That said, they make a bigger engine for those that feel they need more power.