1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's up with all the hate for All-Pro?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by tacomalex, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    tacomalex

tacomalex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 2.7l 4x4
    plasti dip engine
    I've ordered a few things from them: wheel spacers, u-bolt flip, IFS skid, transfer case shield. All their products seem to be of good quality, the customer service I recieved was prompt and friendly..

When I first ordered my wheel spacers I picked lug-centric not knowing the difference, then a few days later I read on here about how hub-centric are better, especially with hub-centric wheels so I emailed them and they changed the order within a few hours and emailed me back with a confirmation.

A few weeks after that I emailed the same guy back asking about problems with their site (it wouldn't let me put anything in my cart) and he responded very quickly and simply asked me what I wanted and I told him an IFS skid and T-Case shield, he charged it to my card and it was in front of my garage the next week.

Honestly I was surprised at how damn heavy that skid was, I only do mild off-roading so this thing is honestly overkill for me, I think the thing could stop a bullet (like a 9mm, my 30-06 could tear through about anything ;))

So what's with all the hate? Has everyone else really had that bad of an experience with All-Pro? Has half the people who bash their products even used them, or are they just jumping on this bandwagon calling them All-Poo even though they've never seen their stuff in person?

Discuss.

2. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    There getting better but I smashed there frOnt bumper up in 3hrs...there nice just not nearly as strong as many other builders( bruteforce,ato,Budbuilt etc) and cost the same or more... There skids are tinfoil honestly compared to others

3. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    you only hear the bad things online. bad reviews are put up.
    "normal" transactions are not

4. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Ah.

5. Apr 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    A lot of people on here like to drop their truck's full weight onto rocks with the skid taking the full brunt of that. Needless to say their skid didn't hold up to that kind of abuse so people bitched.

I just put an All Pro skid on my truck and I'm impressed with it. I don't require 1/4" skid weighing down my truck.

That said they have a nasty tendency to ship crap with parts missing, and their powder coating is a little hit or miss sometimes.

But that said, the All Pro products I currently have on my truck...I'm more than happy with.

6. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I had excellent communication with Kurtis. Couldn't say enough good things regarding it.

7. Apr 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    Also dealth with Kurtis on multiple occasions and was quite helpful and even offered to open shop early so I could pick up and still get to work on time.

I've never had issues and plan on using them again.

8. Apr 16, 2012 at 5:41 AM
    2011TacoSport4x4

2011TacoSport4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clyde
    Offutt AFB, Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 OME 3" lift
    OME 3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N Intake, bestop, ARB Locker, 4:56 gears, ARB Deluxe bumper, Warn 8000lb winch, Synthetic line, Rock sliders, exhaust relocation done, All Pro standard 3" leaf packs, Timbren Bump stops, Extended brake lines, Pioneer dual din DVD, Pioneer door speakers, Ultra Gauge, BAMF Lower LCA Skids.
    I also have had nothing but GOOD experiences with all my all pro stuff. I have their sliders and they are very nice and have held up well.

I like all-pro:D

9. Apr 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    I have also had good experiences with them buying my leafs, flip kit and diff shield. The shipping took longer than expected but The stuff made it none the less and the only time I have had better customer service is from avid, because they are awesome, and Wheeler's because they sent me some candy with my order. :D the thing i like about all pro is that unlike other shops that i have had experience with, they havent been out of whatever it was i was ordering, which seems to be happening a lot lately. :mad:

10. Apr 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    Jeffsdeere

Jeffsdeere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC4wd
    BAMF Sliders All Pro Rear Bumper 5100's @.85
    I picked up a rear bumper a couple years ago through a group buy and a couple months later the back of the coma was crushed by a Cadillac. The bumper didn't have a dent in it. Although it did require a new paint job.

11. Apr 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    Brandon H

Brandon H Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. Icon stage 7, RCI skids, SCS SR8 wheels, budbuilt sliders, 285/70/17 BFG Ko2s (Old rig) 07 Taco TRD Offroad FUlly Locked, Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ remote resis., Alcan AAL's,Icon Remote Resi Rear Shocks, All Pro Front bumper w/ warn 9.5xp,winchline synthetic winch cable,All Pro IFS Skid plate, OME Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop, Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hi Lift Extreme, Cobra model 19, Wilson Lil Wil Antenna, Yaesu ft-7800

How did you smash it? The All-Pro front bumper is not meant to be like a budbuilt, ARB etc. It is meant to keep weight down on the front end, while still offering protection and option for a winch as well. I bought the bumper because i liked the fact that it was light weight, therefore i can still romp through the desert, and still have front protection. I have been on some of the most technical trails here in California with my IFS truck (Aftershock, John Bull, Odessa, Doran, bullfrog, hammerdown, etc) and never had a problem with my bumper. Spotting and tire placement is the key.

12. Apr 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    Brandon H

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. Icon stage 7, RCI skids, SCS SR8 wheels, budbuilt sliders, 285/70/17 BFG Ko2s (Old rig) 07 Taco TRD Offroad FUlly Locked, Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ remote resis., Alcan AAL's,Icon Remote Resi Rear Shocks, All Pro Front bumper w/ warn 9.5xp,winchline synthetic winch cable,All Pro IFS Skid plate, OME Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop, Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hi Lift Extreme, Cobra model 19, Wilson Lil Wil Antenna, Yaesu ft-7800
    And you would know this because you have all their products right? :rolleyes:

13. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    People always trot this point out like it means something.

The reason I don't have their products is that I've seen them trashed on friend's trucks.

Let me ask you something: If 3 people you knew hit themselves in the knee with a sledgehammer and said it hurt like hell, would you still try it just to be sure they weren't bullshitting you?

Now imagine paying to try it.

AP is light weight. But it will not stand up to abuse like a lot of other products. That's the simple trade off.

14. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
  15. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    Brandon H

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    Hahahahahaha there will always be haters

16. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    It's pretty much what I do, yeah.

17. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    Only douchebags say or claim to have seen an allpro product bent up, but can never ever post pictures to such claims... I think its just all intentional badmouthing and false claims because of being fanboys to other manufactuers...whatever floats the the boat ...

with the exception of the 1st generation rear bumper for the 05+ tacos..which were crap to beginwith but was quickly redesigned and replaced at no charge for the beefier version..

:popcorn:

18. Apr 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Aw c'mon. You can do better bait than that. I expect more of you these days.

19. Apr 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    MonkeyProof

MonkeyProof Power Top

Member:
    SoCal- SGV
    C'mon...its the same old rhetoric that spews out from you every couple of months about allpro products

20. Apr 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    Brandon H

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    Fanboys will be fanboys

Products Discussed in

To Top