Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

What's up with all the hate for All-Pro?

Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
What's up with all the hate for All-Pro?

I've ordered a few things from them: wheel spacers, u-bolt flip, IFS skid, transfer case shield. All their products seem to be of good quality, the customer service I recieved was prompt and friendly..

When I first ordered my wheel spacers I picked lug-centric not knowing the difference, then a few days later I read on here about how hub-centric are better, especially with hub-centric wheels so I emailed them and they changed the order within a few hours and emailed me back with a confirmation.

A few weeks after that I emailed the same guy back asking about problems with their site (it wouldn't let me put anything in my cart) and he responded very quickly and simply asked me what I wanted and I told him an IFS skid and T-Case shield, he charged it to my card and it was in front of my garage the next week.

Honestly I was surprised at how damn heavy that skid was, I only do mild off-roading so this thing is honestly overkill for me, I think the thing could stop a bullet (like a 9mm, my 30-06 could tear through about anything )

So what's with all the hate? Has everyone else really had that bad of an experience with All-Pro? Has half the people who bash their products even used them, or are they just jumping on this bandwagon calling them All-Poo even though they've never seen their stuff in person?

Discuss.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
I only do mild off-roading so this thing is honestly overkill for me

Ah.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people on here like to drop their truck's full weight onto rocks with the skid taking the full brunt of that. Needless to say their skid didn't hold up to that kind of abuse so people bitched.

I just put an All Pro skid on my truck and I'm impressed with it. I don't require 1/4" skid weighing down my truck.

That said they have a nasty tendency to ship crap with parts missing, and their powder coating is a little hit or miss sometimes.

But that said, the All Pro products I currently have on my truck...I'm more than happy with.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I had excellent communication with Kurtis. Couldn't say enough good things regarding it.
Also dealth with Kurtis on multiple occasions and was quite helpful and even offered to open shop early so I could pick up and still get to work on time.

I've never had issues and plan on using them again.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #8
2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice

Air Force:
Name: Clyde
2011TacoSport4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I had excellent communication with Kurtis. Couldn't say enough good things regarding it.
I also have had nothing but GOOD experiences with all my all pro stuff. I have their sliders and they are very nice and have held up well.

I like all-pro
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I have also had good experiences with them buying my leafs, flip kit and diff shield. The shipping took longer than expected but The stuff made it none the less and the only time I have had better customer service is from avid, because they are awesome, and Wheeler's because they sent me some candy with my order. the thing i like about all pro is that unlike other shops that i have had experience with, they havent been out of whatever it was i was ordering, which seems to be happening a lot lately.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a rear bumper a couple years ago through a group buy and a couple months later the back of the coma was crushed by a Cadillac. The bumper didn't have a dent in it. Although it did require a new paint job.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
There getting better but I smashed there frOnt bumper up in 3hrs...there nice just not nearly as strong as many other builders( bruteforce,ato,Budbuilt etc) and cost the same or more... There skids are tinfoil honestly compared to others

How did you smash it? The All-Pro front bumper is not meant to be like a budbuilt, ARB etc. It is meant to keep weight down on the front end, while still offering protection and option for a winch as well. I bought the bumper because i liked the fact that it was light weight, therefore i can still romp through the desert, and still have front protection. I have been on some of the most technical trails here in California with my IFS truck (Aftershock, John Bull, Odessa, Doran, bullfrog, hammerdown, etc) and never had a problem with my bumper. Spotting and tire placement is the key.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I think you are missing the point. The bumper is supposed to be there for the accidental and inevitable tire MISplacement. Most of the allpoo products fold up like a fat kid in a lawn chair honestly.
And you would know this because you have all their products right?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon H View Post
And you would know this because you have all their products right?
People always trot this point out like it means something.

The reason I don't have their products is that I've seen them trashed on friend's trucks.

Let me ask you something: If 3 people you knew hit themselves in the knee with a sledgehammer and said it hurt like hell, would you still try it just to be sure they weren't bullshitting you?

Now imagine paying to try it.

AP is light weight. But it will not stand up to abuse like a lot of other products. That's the simple trade off.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #16

It's pretty much what I do, yeah.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Only douchebags say or claim to have seen an allpro product bent up, but can never ever post pictures to such claims... I think its just all intentional badmouthing and false claims because of being fanboys to other manufactuers...whatever floats the the boat ...

with the exception of the 1st generation rear bumper for the 05+ tacos..which were crap to beginwith but was quickly redesigned and replaced at no charge for the beefier version..

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Only douchebags say or claim to have seen an allpro product bent up, but can never ever post pictures to such claims... I think its just all intentional badmouthing and false claims because of being fanboys to other manufactuers...whatever floats the the boat ...

Aw c'mon. You can do better bait than that. I expect more of you these days.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
C'mon...its the same old rhetoric that spews out from you every couple of months about allpro products