Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

need help buying a good floor jack

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
need help buying a good floor jack

so i bought a cheap 2.5 ton floor jack from autozone. it lasted about 2 years with minimal use and it broke today. what is a good 2.5 or 3 ton floor jack. with decent lift?? thanks guys
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I like the one I bought at NAPA. Had it a year now, and no issues.
Works really well.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Neighbor let me use their craftsmen and it didn't work at all, maybe 5 years old and never used apparently...

Grandpa's has done well, got it at Costco. Blue?--forgot brand.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
all the shops around here use the alcon jacks they sell at costco for $99. I have had one for more than 3 years and it gets my tires off the ground with LT
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
80s toysport will become famous soon enough80s toysport will become famous soon enough
Name: Nikolai (Nik)
80s toysport's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a new floor jack this past weekend. Looks pretty good and will be using it this weekend. Its really heavy though.
Heres what i bought.
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-l...ump-68050.html
Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i HATE buying floor jacks. i searched out an american jack. i bought one from a company called AMERICAN FORGE AND FOUNDRY. got the jack in the mail, and in big font on the box.."made in china" wtf? the jack is still working, but i am leary.

just as soon as i learn how to shit money..i am buying one of these!! my buddy has one..it is bombproof, will last a lifetime, and probably minimize my death by jack.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...ACHyd1_pg3.htm
Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
bought this floor jack at harbor freight and it's For lifted trucks and lowered cars cant go wrong with this jack for $140

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-l...ump-68050.html
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Craftsman kit from sears. It came with a 3 ton jack, 2 stands (which are a little shorter than they should be a for a truck and I end up blocking them up) and a creeper for about $100.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i HATE buying floor jacks. i searched out an american jack. i bought one from a company called AMERICAN FORGE AND FOUNDRY. got the jack in the mail, and in big font on the box.."made in china" wtf? the jack is still working, but i am leary.

just as soon as i learn how to shit money..i am buying one of these!! my buddy has one..it is bombproof, will last a lifetime, and probably minimize my death by jack.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...ACHyd1_pg3.htm
Shouldn't have an issue with death by jack to begin with... always use jack stands and it doesn't matter if you have the cheapest Chinese built jack on the market or the most expensive jack ever built. The jack shouldn't be supporting weight while you work.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OMG just get the Arcan, its $99, and all the shops use it. ARCAN dammit!

EDIT: my bad, arcan:

http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1597

$99 at Costco
Old 05-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I bought a Craftsman kit from sears. It came with a 3 ton jack, 2 stands (which are a little shorter than they should be a for a truck and I end up blocking them up) and a creeper for about $100.
I bought the same set a while back and four of the hi-lift jack stands at the same time. Sold the standard lift stands on craigslist. The jack is heavy as hell but works very well and I get to use the handle as a breaker bar on occasion.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Arcan 99@ costco beefy and super useful
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gar...vice-jack.html
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Shouldn't have an issue with death by jack to begin with... always use jack stands and it doesn't matter if you have the cheapest Chinese built jack on the market or the most expensive jack ever built. The jack shouldn't be supporting weight while you work.
i know this.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
blackhawke, you got stock in these fellas or what?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country101 View Post
blackhawke, you got stock in these fellas or what?

EDIT: haha jk, just want to make sure my TW brothers are getting the best deal out there
Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
^^^He's sold me on the Arcan!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #18
hotrod45 is on a distinguished road
Army: medic 5501 hospital
Name: paul
hotrod45's Tacoma Gallery
Smile jack

i bought the 3 ton harbor freight for 69(after a 15 buck coupon). nice piece. by the way, stop looking for one made in usa, they are history. china is the deal these days, unfortunately.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

EDIT: haha jk, just want to make sure my TW brothers are getting the best deal out there
I figured it out, in the descrition on Arcans page it says these have bypass valves

http://arcanusa.com/lifting.html
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I figured it out, in the descrition on Arcans page it says these have bypass valves

http://arcanusa.com/lifting.html

Products Discussed in this Thread