Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Muffler Comments/Reviews (magnaflow, wicked flow, and aero turbine)

Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunTaco View Post
Nice!! you like it? you get any comments on it or is it one of those things only you notice? did you have it powder coated or buy it?
No its one of those things that only I notice haha. Got it from summit for like $30. its a weld-on, 3.5"
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
FunTaco is on a distinguished road
FunTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
No its one of those things that only I notice haha. Got it from summit for like $30. its a weld-on, 3.5"
I'm totally ok with it being something only I notice too. Do you mind putting up a couple pics of it. up close and then from a little bit away to get the fender too and how it looks? thanks again
Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
FunTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
oh wow 3.5"? just noticed that. that must look big compared to normal whats the TRD factory tip? like 3"?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh wow 3.5"? just noticed that. that must look big compared to normal whats the TRD factory tip? like 3"?
Maybe 3". The TRD pipe is 2.5" I believe
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
FunTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Maybe 3". The TRD pipe is 2.5" I believe
If you get time I would appreciate seeing a couple pics of that tip and the tip/truck. and the tip/truck with a hot chick standing next to it is always the ultimate goal.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you get time I would appreciate seeing a couple pics of that tip and the tip/truck. and the tip/truck with a hot chick standing next to it is always the ultimate goal.
I'm running g my WickedFlow on fully stock piping.

I was just saying the TRD MIGHT be a 3" pipe
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #27
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I'm running g my WickedFlow on fully stock piping.

I was just saying the TRD MIGHT be a 3" pipe
TRD is 2.5" pipe. I think 3" oval tip.

Only pic I have...

Old 08-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
feel free to take a peek

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...-flow-trd.html
Old 11-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
what to go with? Aero Turbine or Magnaflow muffler? .. i dont want an annoying drone at highway/free way speeds. looking for a slight increase in MPG. if possible. and of course a decrease in back pressure
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #30

figured I'd add a little to this thread on comparing all of the exhausts. My aero setup is still running strong and i now have the entire "catback" welded with 2.5" piping from the y-pipe connection back. Also Got rid of the crap y-pipe to resonator connection where I constantly had leaks and had a flex joint put in. With this setup i felt a noticeable increase in power after bumping up all of the piping to 2.5" (rather than just the piping between the resonator and AT2525.) I really feel that after all of my changes the best setup for these trucks N/A is to have 2.5" piping the entire way after the y-pipe. My y-pipe is still currently "stock" with the only difference being the new straight through flex joint that replaced the stock y-catback connection.

Once again here is my exhaust setup if anyone else has questions. Pictures in my build thread.

AFE Stage 2 Si Intake
JBA Long Tube Headers
Essentially Stock y-pipe
2.5 in/out vibrant ultra quiet resonator
Aero Turbine 2525
Dual Outlet exhaust tip