1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

weathertech side window deflectors

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by legion, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Jun 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    legion

legion [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Net
    temecula
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SuperWhite
    1.) I was wondering who had these and if they make a big difference with wind/noise reduction when driving with the windows cracked or open? 2.) Also, with these particular brand window deflectors that are tucked into the rubber window frame, do they scratch the tint on your windows? 3.) Does the seal go bad if and when you remove the deflectors, like does the window up against the rubber become loose thus letting in wind and road noise?

2. Jun 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    I got these for my 12. I have never had any before. They do make the wind a little more quite. And you know how if you have the windows closed and open a back one you get that nice sound? These really seem to lesson the sound. Almost makes it go away.

The only thing I do not like the the dirt scrape sound sometimes when closing the window.

3. Jun 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    Had a problem with these scraping off my aftermarket window tint. could be just bad luck. I will be trying a different brand. Good luck

4. Jun 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I have them and I love them:
    You can leave the windows cracked open all day, it makes a HUGE difference in how hot the interior gets (especially when used with a good windshield shade).
    Smokers love them because you can smoke in your truck even when it is raining.
    You can order food in the drive-through even when it is raining by speaking through the little gap at the top.
    They do add a bit of wind noise but is well worth it IMHO.

Edit: Mine are the EGR in-channel visors but my comments are generic.

5. Jul 5, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    legion

Member:
    First Name:
    Net
    temecula
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SuperWhite
    Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the weathertech side window deflectors. I'll let you all know how I like em.

6. Jul 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM
    subwayaz

subwayaz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson,Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Accesscab; TRD
    Super Charger, Catback Exhaust,Side Wind Shades, & Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
    I have some as well; no problems and an added benefit for the wind noise

7. Jul 5, 2012 at 3:02 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I had WTs on the 05 AC and they did scrape the top of the tint eventually but in their defense, the tint was already there when I bought the truck in 09 and the tint did go closer to the edge of the glass than I would have done it. How you can tell they add any wind noise with all the other wind noise going on is beyond me. I didn't notice any additional wind noise. I have EGRs on the 08 RC and they are no different as far as fit and noise. The side windows on the RC are not tinted so no issue there either.

saturn391 likes this.
  8. Jul 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    Big Tea

Big Tea WOOOOOOO!!!

Member:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    I have them on my '08 double cab and I've noticed a decrease in wind noise and no issues with my aftermarket tint.

Mine are the in-channel design as well and the only thing I have noticed is that if you have all 4 windows down, and the back sliding glass closed, there seems to be a bit of wind shear noise, but not bad. I don't normally drive like that but with the >100 degree heat in central VA this summer already I've done it just to get rid of the hot air inside the cab before the AC gets up to speed.

9. Jul 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    Jon850FL

Jon850FL is Lurkin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    DFS, FL
    plan on buying some

10. Jul 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM
    legion

Member:
    First Name:
    Net
    temecula
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SuperWhite
    Got the WT window side deflectors and they're installed. Everything seems fine so far with the exception that when rolling up the window all the way it like gets stuck. Also when rolling down the window it like skips along the WT plastic to open. I'm hoping after having them closed in the heat for a day will break them in and this goes away.

11. Jul 6, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It should settle in a bit. Mine were really tight at first with the WTs and EGRs.

12. Jul 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    Mr. Pick

Mr. Pick Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC, SR5, 2.7L, Auto
    I bought a set earlier this week, but sent them back. Driver's side was ok, but my passenger side was so tight the window would barely roll up or down. It might have stretched the window channel over time enough to be ok, but I decided to return them and try something else. I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

13. Jul 10, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Maybe bigger issue for those with window motors more than the ones with cranks too. The EGRs did seem better about how tight the initial feel was tho. I started out with brand new WTs on the 05 AC and brand new EGRs on the 08 RC, both with manual cranks.

Products Discussed in

To Top