Notices

weathertech side window deflectors

Old 06-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
legion is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Net
legion's Tacoma Gallery
weathertech side window deflectors

1.) I was wondering who had these and if they make a big difference with wind/noise reduction when driving with the windows cracked or open? 2.) Also, with these particular brand window deflectors that are tucked into the rubber window frame, do they scratch the tint on your windows? 3.) Does the seal go bad if and when you remove the deflectors, like does the window up against the rubber become loose thus letting in wind and road noise?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
I got these for my 12. I have never had any before. They do make the wind a little more quite. And you know how if you have the windows closed and open a back one you get that nice sound? These really seem to lesson the sound. Almost makes it go away.

The only thing I do not like the the dirt scrape sound sometimes when closing the window.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Had a problem with these scraping off my aftermarket window tint. could be just bad luck. I will be trying a different brand. Good luck
Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
I have them and I love them:
You can leave the windows cracked open all day, it makes a HUGE difference in how hot the interior gets (especially when used with a good windshield shade).
Smokers love them because you can smoke in your truck even when it is raining.
You can order food in the drive-through even when it is raining by speaking through the little gap at the top.
They do add a bit of wind noise but is well worth it IMHO.

Edit: Mine are the EGR in-channel visors but my comments are generic.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #5

Marines:
legion's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the weathertech side window deflectors. I'll let you all know how I like em.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #6
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
I have some as well; no problems and an added benefit for the wind noise
Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I had WTs on the 05 AC and they did scrape the top of the tint eventually but in their defense, the tint was already there when I bought the truck in 09 and the tint did go closer to the edge of the glass than I would have done it. How you can tell they add any wind noise with all the other wind noise going on is beyond me. I didn't notice any additional wind noise. I have EGRs on the 08 RC and they are no different as far as fit and noise. The side windows on the RC are not tinted so no issue there either.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
WOOOOOOO!!!
Big Tea is a jewel in the roughBig Tea is a jewel in the roughBig Tea is a jewel in the rough

Big Tea's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my '08 double cab and I've noticed a decrease in wind noise and no issues with my aftermarket tint.

Mine are the in-channel design as well and the only thing I have noticed is that if you have all 4 windows down, and the back sliding glass closed, there seems to be a bit of wind shear noise, but not bad. I don't normally drive like that but with the >100 degree heat in central VA this summer already I've done it just to get rid of the hot air inside the cab before the AC gets up to speed.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
plan on buying some
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #10

Marines:
legion's Tacoma Gallery
Got the WT window side deflectors and they're installed. Everything seems fine so far with the exception that when rolling up the window all the way it like gets stuck. Also when rolling down the window it like skips along the WT plastic to open. I'm hoping after having them closed in the heat for a day will break them in and this goes away.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It should settle in a bit. Mine were really tight at first with the WTs and EGRs.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
Mr. Pick is on a distinguished road

Mr. Pick's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set earlier this week, but sent them back. Driver's side was ok, but my passenger side was so tight the window would barely roll up or down. It might have stretched the window channel over time enough to be ok, but I decided to return them and try something else. I'm sure I'm in the minority though.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maybe bigger issue for those with window motors more than the ones with cranks too. The EGRs did seem better about how tight the initial feel was tho. I started out with brand new WTs on the 05 AC and brand new EGRs on the 08 RC, both with manual cranks.