Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

iPhone 4/4s armband recommendations for the gym

Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone 4/4s armband recommendations for the gym

What armband would you recommend to use in the gym for your iPhone 4/4s? I have been using my otterbox defender case and the belt clip but I want to move to an armband since I do a lot of cardio as well. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was curious to this as well. I always have ran my headphones through my shirt into my pocket while lifting. I thought that it would get uncomfortable doing lifts with the band on and with the increased blood flowing to bis/tris haha. But I feel your point on cardio. I have seen a few people around campus with them but haven't seen the brands. The coolest thing I saw was the bluetooth headphones. Maybe worth it. Just set the phone on the treadmill etc and run haha.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah the constriction sucks when lifting, but I would just loosen the strap. I have been looking into some Bluetooth headphones, but they have mixed reviews on most of them. The search continues....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I use a Belkin armband that I got at Walmart. I have used it in the rainy windy crap when I run without issue. It's actually made for an iphone but I just have a Touch. Little did I know the audio jack is in a different location on the iphone so I had to slit the bottom. Works great though.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I use a Belkin armband that I got at Walmart. I have used it in the rainy windy crap when I run without issue. It's actually made for an iphone but I just have a Touch. Little did I know the audio jack is in a different location on the iphone so I had to slit the bottom. Works great though.
Thanks! I was looking at the Belkin ones and it seems to have good reviews. Do you use Bluetooth headphones?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
Thanks! I was looking at the Belkin ones and it seems to have good reviews. Do you use Bluetooth headphones?
Ok I am the master of Bluetooth headphone, I have had 3.5 pairs now. 2 motorollas, the sd90 and the shd90. Don't get those, sweat screws them up, and they are not that loud, decent for the gym loud, but not mowing the lawn loud. Third pair are the plantronics Bluetooth back beats. By far my favorite pair, good volume and have not been effected by sweat, I run and lift in them. My .5 pair I have not actually worn but my bro in law has and his first hand review, which I trust, is really good. Those are the jaybird freedom bluetooths.

So my advice is drop the armband, and get the plantronics($50) or the jaybirds($90)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Ok I am the master of Bluetooth headphone, I have had 3.5 pairs now. 2 motorollas, the sd90 and the shd90. Don't get those, sweat screws them up, and they are not that loud, decent for the gym loud, but not mowing the lawn loud. Third pair are the plantronics Bluetooth back beats. By far my favorite pair, good volume and have not been effected by sweat, I run and lift in them. My .5 pair I have not actually worn but my bro in law has and his first hand review, which I trust, is really good. Those are the jaybird freedom bluetooths.

So my advice is drop the armband, and get the plantronics($50) or the jaybirds($90)
Haha! .5 pair huh? Yeah I have the back eats and the jaybird in my watch list on eBay. Both have good and bad reviews. How do you like the backbeat's wire that goes behind your head? Is it annoying? The jaybirds seems to be loose and not stiff but IDK.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about the bluetooth ones but for a sweaty workout they just didn't seem to perform. I use a sport pair that wraps around the ear since I have issues with earbuds popping out when I am running.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha! .5 pair huh? Yeah I have the back eats and the jaybird in my watch list on eBay. Both have good and bad reviews. How do you like the backbeat's wire that goes behind your head? Is it annoying? The jaybirds seems to be loose and not stiff but IDK.
Honestly I would go to the jaybirds. I say that due to this mornings workout. My back eats kept messing up my iPhone. Kept trying to start voice control, and dialing my wife at will, I couldn't get it to stop, so I finally had to shut them down. Thy were fully charged and my iPhone is most up to date iOS. I am going to see if Plantronics has an update but it really got me pissed this morning, 3 miles and some weights with no tunes! After writing you my review last night I found a new pair that are very tempting. The Jabra sports. They are a little strange at yellow and black but the reviews sound promising. What I can't figure out is why Bose has not come out with a good pair of Bluetooth headphones yet, they have that Bluetooth speaker that is nails. Hopefully it is something they are working on.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I thought about the bluetooth ones but for a sweaty workout they just didn't seem to perform. I use a sport pair that wraps around the ear since I have issues with earbuds popping out when I am running.
The back beats fall out every once and a while, but the jaybirds have wrap around and in ear guides like Bose does. My bro in law is a marathon runner and he says they are good and stable in the ear.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Honestly I would go to the jaybirds. I say that due to this mornings workout. My back eats kept messing up my iPhone. Kept trying to start voice control, and dialing my wife at will, I couldn't get it to stop, so I finally had to shut them down. Thy were fully charged and my iPhone is most up to date iOS. I am going to see if Plantronics has an update but it really got me pissed this morning, 3 miles and some weights with no tunes! After writing you my review last night I found a new pair that are very tempting. The Jabra sports. They are a little strange at yellow and black but the reviews sound promising. What I can't figure out is why Bose has not come out with a good pair of Bluetooth headphones yet, they have that Bluetooth speaker that is nails. Hopefully it is something they are working on.
Wow, that sucks. I hate not having any tunes while working out. I found the jabra black and yellow ones for $70 shipped on eBay brand new. I wasn't sure how those would feel around the ear, they seem to be comfortable and would stay in well.
Were your back beats activating Siri while working out? Have you performed the latest update that came out about a week ago?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
Wow, that sucks. I hate not having any tunes while working out. I found the jabra black and yellow ones for $70 shipped on eBay brand new. I wasn't sure how those would feel around the ear, they seem to be comfortable and would stay in well.
Were your back beats activating Siri while working out? Have you performed the latest update that came out about a week ago?
I don't have Siri just an iPhone 4. It was trying to activate voice control on phone. My phone is fully updated, are you taking about a backbeats update? Haven't seen that yet.