Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cal-Trend Noprene Seat Cover Review

Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Cal-Trend Noprene Seat Cover Review

Was shopping around for new seat covers. I had the Wet Okele's in my '02 Tacoma for a number of years ands they held up well. I decided to try Cal-Trend this time.

I really liked the Wet Okele but decided on the Cal-Trend this time for a few reasons. They had the color scheme I wanted and it goes real well with the interior. They are also cheaper. The wait time was also only four days for the neoprene custom covers compared to the 4 weeks for Okele.

I am not pitting them against each other BTW. Just making observations. Doesn't matter to me what anyone buys.

They seem to be equals in terms of overall fit and finish. They both fit like a glove. I really see no difference. Both have a mildly annoying scent to them out of the box. This went away on my Okele and suspect it will on these, as well. Only time will tell on durability but the Cal-trend's have a five-year warranty so I am not too worried. With a coupon, I paid $150 for them at Autoanything. They also come with the free extras like Map Pockets, etc..

Instalation took about fifteen minutes. It would probably have taken longer but I had experience with the Okole's and the setup is pretty much similar with the straps and such.

Not bad. These will do.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Padlur is on a distinguished road
Padlur's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered today

I just ordered the same color combo for my 2012 DC, 385.00 for the full set. Cant wait to see them in, though your pics give me a pretty good idea.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
OBXTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: JL
OBXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an '12 Double Cab 4 x 4 and was looking at the NeoSupreme covers. Are these the same shown in the photo? Could just be the lighting but the dark trim areas don't look as dark as the ones on the Cal-Trend/Autoanything sites. Are those the Black w/Grey ? Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Those look really good.