Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cal-Trend Noprene Seat Cover Review

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
Cal-Trend Noprene Seat Cover Review

Was shopping around for new seat covers. I had the Wet Okele's in my '02 Tacoma for a number of years ands they held up well. I decided to try Cal-Trend this time.

I really liked the Wet Okele but decided on the Cal-Trend this time for a few reasons. They had the color scheme I wanted and it goes real well with the interior. They are also cheaper. The wait time was also only four days for the neoprene custom covers compared to the 4 weeks for Okele.

I am not pitting them against each other BTW. Just making observations. Doesn't matter to me what anyone buys.

They seem to be equals in terms of overall fit and finish. They both fit like a glove. I really see no difference. Both have a mildly annoying scent to them out of the box. This went away on my Okele and suspect it will on these, as well. Only time will tell on durability but the Cal-trend's have a five-year warranty so I am not too worried. With a coupon, I paid $150 for them at Autoanything. They also come with the free extras like Map Pockets, etc..

Instalation took about fifteen minutes. It would probably have taken longer but I had experience with the Okole's and the setup is pretty much similar with the straps and such.

Not bad. These will do.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Padlur is on a distinguished road
Padlur's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered today

I just ordered the same color combo for my 2012 DC, 385.00 for the full set. Cant wait to see them in, though your pics give me a pretty good idea.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
OBXTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: JL
OBXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an '12 Double Cab 4 x 4 and was looking at the NeoSupreme covers. Are these the same shown in the photo? Could just be the lighting but the dark trim areas don't look as dark as the ones on the Cal-Trend/Autoanything sites. Are those the Black w/Grey ? Thanks
Old 06-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Those look really good.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #5
(.)(.)
outdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to behold

outdoorgb's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine last week (took about 12 days) and received them yesterday.
Amazon $151. Black with charcoal insert.

Installed last night and it took about 1/2 hour, not rushing. Make sure you identify the driver/passneger side covers before you start. Instructions lack this but they really are pretty easy to install.

Very impressed with the fit and quality. I have sport seats and these are stitched to fit very good, not over tight at all and not loose. Very pleased with the purchase overall. I'll try to get some pics when the sun comes up. I really can't see why another $400 would get me that much more.

Edit to add pics...poor quality pic taken with a potato phone. Still, very pleased with the purchase.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
Tacocoa Bean is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Tacocoa Bean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorgb View Post
I ordered mine last week (took about 12 days) and received them yesterday.
Amazon $151. Black with charcoal insert.
Do you recall what the manufacturer's item number was on those? I've been looking on ebay and amazon and I've found some similar to yours and the item number is TY450-03PP. I'm assuming this is the same as yours and will fit up to a 2015 w/ the sport bucket seats.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
(.)(.)
outdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to beholdoutdoorgb is a splendid one to behold

outdoorgb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacocoa Bean View Post
Do you recall what the manufacturer's item number was on those? I've been looking on ebay and amazon and I've found some similar to yours and the item number is TY450-03PP. I'm assuming this is the same as yours and will fit up to a 2015 w/ the sport bucket seats.
Here is the Amazon PN/MFG number from my purchase.
TY452-03NN (keep in mind, these numbers may include color choices)...

Here is the link at Amazon...I have sport seats, these fit great.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know if I can help answer any more questions.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #8
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I have debated buying WO's since I bought my truck over 4 years ago. They are a top quality product and look great, no doubt about that, but at $450 for a bare-bones DC/LB set (that's the Group Buy price, shipped) they are just too rich for my blood, even during GBs.

With tax season here again, I decided to finally get myself some nice seat covers.

I was in line to buy a set of used Camo WO's from another member recently, and would have loved them, but another member got to them first. I started researching all the companies - Wet Okole, CoverKing, RuffTuff, SaddleMan, Clazzio, Katzkins, Caltrend etc. All of them seemed to be $450-$1000+ for a full DC/LB set.

I was REALLY close to getting the CoverKing deal from Costco, which is $190/full-set for their VelociVent (sport mesh, fabric, non-water repellent) or $350/full-set for their Neoprene. I needed more protection than the VelociVent fabric, but I still couldn't bring myself to pay $380 (incl. tax) for seat covers. I began looking around some more.

At the suggestion of another member, I checked out CalTrend a little more.

Everything I read about them seemed legit: nice snug fit, great UV/Water/Mildew/Dirt protection, 2 Year warranty, good sized back pockets, good OEM Gray colors, nice stitching, console and headrest covers incl., made in the USA

Long story short, I ended up with a full set of their NeoSupreme (Black and Gray) for $240 shipped (eBay for the Fronts, Amazon Warehouse deals for the Rear). The eBay seller also contacted me immediately to confirm EXACTLY which seats I have, which was reassuring since there are numerous options that can affect the fitment.

I should get them this week, and might post some pics and add a more thorough review once their installed.

Hope this helps anyone else who is stuck deciding on, or justifying the funds to get seat covers.

I want to post a review/opinion in here once I get the seat covers installed, but I've had a few mis-haps with both Amazon and eBay after ordering these.

eBay: I purchased the front set (TY230-08NN) for $149. The seller contacted the day after purchase to inform that they sold the last set, and would need to wait up to 4 weeks for a new "custom" set to be delivered from CalTrend. Offere a full refund, so I took that and re-purchase the same set from Amazon Prime ($155). Says 5-7 days for delivery time.

Amazon: I purchased the Rear Set (TY184-08NN) from Amazon's "Warehouse Deals" for $89. It was listed as 'Used-Like New' and have purchase Warehouse deals with no issues, so I bought them. Received them yesterday, and found they had sent a Front Set (TY182-08NN). I initiated a Return with Amazon, and started a "Chat" to discuss replacement options. The nice girl sent me a pre-paid return label, and said I can re-purchase the "Correct" set. I let her know I originally bought them as a Warehouse deal for $89, and if I were to buy them again, that deal would not apply and I would be paying $159. She said she would adjust the price to match what I originally paid. I bought the "NEW" Rear set from Amazon Prime, and she adjusted the total so I still got them for the same price as the warehouse deal!

So, I still ended up with a full set of CalTrend NeoSupreme covers (Black & Light Gray) for under $250!
Amazon rocks...can't wait to get my seat covers - hopefully next week!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #9
dan2116 is on a distinguished road
dan2116's Tacoma Gallery
How are they in hot weather. Was wondering if all neo covers are hot in the summer. Very nice fit and look.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #10
FARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud ofFARNORCAL has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK
Name: Ryan
FARNORCAL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2116 View Post
How are they in hot weather. Was wondering if all neo covers are hot in the summer. Very nice fit and look.
I'd like to know as well I'm a from Redding as well born and raised. It gets hotter than hell where I'm from.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:08 AM   #11
dan2116 is on a distinguished road
dan2116's Tacoma Gallery
Placed order for a set of Cal Trend velour front covers for my 2015 Pre Runner access cab. Didn't go neo because of heat here in Redding. Will post pic's and review when I get them.

Products Discussed in this Thread