Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

what Exhaust System should i get?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
RayRay is on a distinguished road
Name: Raymond
RayRay's Tacoma Gallery
what Exhaust System should i get?

Im looking for a exhaust system for my 2012 dbcab taco v6. But i don't want it too be too loud any suggestion on what kinda of exhaust system i should get?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
TRD. Not too loud but sounds good. Check out youtube for vids.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 14" muffler.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Holyfather is on a distinguished road
Holyfather's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow catback. That's what I have
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
wicked flow
Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
Reymundo88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rey
Reymundo88's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently installed a Flowmaster American Thunder 409S system #817432 on my 05 tacoma V6 double cab. I based my purchase on videos that i had seen on youtube. I personally liked this one. Its not loud at all but its also not quiet. It doesnt sound exactly the same as the video on youtube but very very similar.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #8
Mikk is on a distinguished road
Mikk's Tacoma Gallery
Just a matter of finding the right sound for you. Many choices in this matter these days and a GOOD exhaust shop will let you hear the muffler before committing to something specific. That being said, I only purchase 2 brands: Flowmaster or Magnaflow. I do so for sound and more power/Econ is a bonus - if I did my homework that is, got it right.

Contrary to popular belief, the stock piping itself is usually sufficient in most applications. I paid $120 for muffler and welded up pro install w/ 2 hangers welded on muffler, one on inlet one on exit - left her clean looking - sleepers are the best (like librarian girls w/ glasses who are freaks! Muahh) Look up TRD catbacks, acknowledge Toyota spends lots of money on R/D, figure out correct size to run and comsider a single pipe. unless you feel you must have dual exhaust. As a former diesel freak I know 1 pipe is PLENTY and IMHO helps weight and flow via no "fork" + you can afford another mod with the money you've saved! -I ran the 6.0 pipe on my Chevrolet w/5.3 and it caught on in my town.

I have a Magnaflow now on my 2.7 and sounds stock at idle, like a WRX at lower rpms, and like a beast WFO approaching 4-5k rpm. I like the noise, not abrasive or too loud, doesn't resonate badly, but turns heads of performance people like us. I like its stainless (polished), and in my head there's more power (though i also have a K&N CAI and auto trans hence second gear 60 mph pull).
Old 06-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
RELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shedRELLIM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RELLIM's Tacoma Gallery
Gibson exhaust makes a nice kit for the Tacoma. Its a single swept back out the passenger side. (same place as oem) Gibson is know for tuning their cat-backs to usable rpm ranges. They don't drone in the cab, that is if u install correctly. Gibson has a good tone at the tail pipe. Its a very mellow tone.
Its a great pipe if ya like too travel or come home late at night...

happy hunting
Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
TRD