Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Intsa-Gate

Old 06-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Intsa-Gate

Anyone have one of these insta-gates. Looks pretty cool. And it's only $125.00 plus shipping.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
you should post some info, insta-gate doesn't mean anything to me at this point.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
GMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to all

GMRtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Hows the fit?
I'll take some pics of mine once I get home. I had to do some adjustments. But it fits like a glove because of it.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #7
moneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoneyblind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
moneyblind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
you should post some info, insta-gate doesn't mean anything to me at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
right how about a link or a damn picture
Wow, did we all forget how to use google?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evh5150 View Post
right how about a link or a damn picture
Because searching google is hard, I did it for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=insta+gate
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
GMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to allGMRtaco is a name known to all

GMRtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine.

As you can see the brackets don't line up exactly like the pre-2005 tacos so I had to drill them into the plastic.

When folded you can't see it from the outside.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
Trick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrick12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Trick12's Tacoma Gallery
This may or may not be making it onto the list...
Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRtaco View Post
Here is mine.

As you can see the brackets don't line up exactly like the pre-2005 tacos so I had to drill them into the plastic.

When folded you can't see it from the outside.

m
Could you please explain the special modifications you had to make to get the brackets to line up so that i'm prepared. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
jmaglipay's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine for about a year now. I had to use toggle bolt to secure it to my tail gate. it works great if i need additional space. Works great along with my hard tonnue cover
Old 07-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Considering how many times I've needed the extra couple feet of bed, definitely
worth it for me. I like it much better than the flip type bed extenders since this doesn't limit the bed space when not needed. The only drawback I've found after about five years of use is one of the plastic snaps on the webbing broke but I dont ever notice it. Also it makes the tailgate a little heavier. I don't remember how much I paid for it but I can't imagine not having it.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #15

GMRtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
m
Could you please explain the special modifications you had to make to get the brackets to line up so that i'm prepared. Thanks.
The gate was originally made for the 1st gen Tacomas. The brackets attach to the factory bolt holes on the 1st gens, that does not work for the second gens .

I had to bolt the brackets directly onto the hard plastic on the tailgate. Not a big deal, I just had to make sure to mark the brackets exactly where they were going to go.

Hope that cleared it up for ya, if not I can dig up some pics of when I did the install.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #16
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool concept if you need the extra space.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
takeastep is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
takeastep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRtaco View Post
The gate was originally made for the 1st gen Tacomas. The brackets attach to the factory bolt holes on the 1st gens, that does not work for the second gens .

I had to bolt the brackets directly onto the hard plastic on the tailgate. Not a big deal, I just had to make sure to mark the brackets exactly where they were going to go.

Hope that cleared it up for ya, if not I can dig up some pics of when I did the install.
Does the bed extender hang down and out of the way when tailgate is down?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #18

GMRtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeastep View Post
Does the bed extender hang down and out of the way when tailgate is down?
Sure does! Just like the video on the website.

http://insta-gate.net/