Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

TRD decals....Sockmonkey or EBay?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
TRD decals....Sockmonkey or EBay?

I am looking for some nice TRD decals for the truck. I contacted Sockmonkey and he gave me a price. I then looked on eBay and can order the decals for half the price from sellers with excellent feedback. What do you guys think? Is Sock's product better? Thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

True. It's just the cost is double, you know?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Sock monkey's stuff is nice and everyone seems to have great customer service from him, but I hate the fact he only deals with money orders and won't accept online payment methods. So in my case, I went online and ordered them from another vendor that was also half price. I refuse to send money orders when we live in the age of technology.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
I went and got some stickers from Sock. He's a great guy and got them to me quick. And the stickers are made from top quality material. I was able to use paypal iirc whenever I bought mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
If u ever find your mirror placement bothering you (its right in the middle and really should be much higher), then there's a nice bracket sold by a guy on here that works perfectly.......but he's so old school awesome he believes in the honor system and doesn't do paypal either
Not to thread jack, but ImMrYo's bracket is amazing. And it was really surprising to see the honor system in use again. You just dont get that in this generation.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
rraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud ofrraether has much to be proud of
Name: Ryan
rraether's Tacoma Gallery
look at going to a decal shop near you. that is what i did. my buddy did mine for 80 bucks
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If u ever find your mirror placement bothering you (its right in the middle and really should be much higher), then there's a nice bracket sold by a guy on here that works perfectly and gets the mirror up outta your way so u can see merging vehicles........but he's so old school awesome he believes in the honor system and doesn't do paypal either
I don't understand the mirror relocate bracket (or why its even being brought up). Doesn't get in my way and I'm 6feet tall. Either way not the point I was getting at.

I refuse to ship money in the mail. I can do a direct transfer to the bank, Pay Pal, CC payments, etc. I get the honor system, but we live in the digital age and I just won't send cash or money orders in the mail. If it gets lost (which we all know that mail gets lost all the time) then you are S.O.L. Buyer screws you over, again S.O.L. if you sent a money order. Use electronic, something happens, bank fixes it in minutes and I get my money back.

No disrespect to sockmonkey or anyone who only accepts money orders, it just isn't way I will do business with someone.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Op what of trd stickers u looking 4
Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
mynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud ofmynewtoy has much to be proud of

Name: greg
mynewtoy's Tacoma Gallery
op i have a friend that i used to work with. he started his on bussiness and does glass etching and vinyl stickers now. he says there is high and low quailty vinyl. i am sure the ebay sellers and most shops are going to use the cheapest(lowest quailty) vinyl that they can find so they can make the most profit. i have a decal on my back glass that was made from the cheap stuff and is aready shrinking on the edges after only 3 years . i have never bought anything from sockmonkey but im sure the extra cost comes from buying quaily vinyl that will last a long time. my advice is to make sure you are getting a quailty product if you are going to have your truck awhile
Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Bought three Decals from Sockmonkey, One I had him make custom for me, he charged me regular price and shipped it quick. You will definitely be happy with the Sockmonkey
Old 06-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
I used Ebay because someone said something about Sock not using paypal
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because I chose to type that...
Nice response! I think someone missed what you were saying.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #13

maybe Sockmoney will chime in and let us know why he doesnt do paypal. I hate doing money orders.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I don't understand the mirror relocate bracket (or why its even being brought up). Doesn't get in my way and I'm 6feet tall. Either way not the point I was getting at.

I refuse to ship money in the mail. I can do a direct transfer to the bank, Pay Pal, CC payments, etc. I get the honor system, but we live in the digital age and I just won't send cash or money orders in the mail. If it gets lost (which we all know that mail gets lost all the time) then you are S.O.L. Buyer screws you over, again S.O.L. if you sent a money order. Use electronic, something happens, bank fixes it in minutes and I get my money back.

No disrespect to sockmonkey or anyone who only accepts money orders, it just isn't way I will do business with someone.

X2
I had a local guy in town design mine after I checked out Sockmonkey's for the very same reason. I get the honor system I just couldn't reconcile with trying to get around taxable income laws and making a decent amount of money. Just didn't feel right. I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy but you gotta do what you gotta do. To answer the OP's question, maybe check locally? There's usually a lot of places that will do whatever you want. I got high quality vinyl for 20 bucks for both sides.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #17
Dagger Taco *****
BG KY Jets Fan will become famous soon enough

Name: Joe
BG KY Jets Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Don't question the Monkey. I've had my decals for almost a year and still get compliments and requests about them. If your going to participate in TW, support the monkey! Its just money anyway!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #18
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I get lots of compliments on mine as well, and they aren't Sock's. OP you can do whatever, I like his work, just have a hard time with the business model. You aren't obligated to as aforementioned.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #19

if his price was a little cheaper id love to buy it from him, i just cant see paying $55 for two decals, you know?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #20

anyone else have had Sock's decals for a few years?