Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: 100W Off Road lights from Automatcentral

Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Review: 100W Off Road lights from Automatcentral

I was lucky enough to get a set of free 6" 100W Off Road lights from Automatcentral so that I could test and review them. On top of this great deal I have to say that I was quite pleased with Automatcentral.

Firstly my lights arrived very quickly and where packaged so that the lights where able to be shipped with out any worry of damage. The kit includes 2 100W off road lights with orange Halo LEDs around them as well as a wireing kit which includes all of the needed wires/relys/fuses and a switch. Everything you need to install these lights is right there in the box.

To install the first thing I did was remove my bull bar completely so I had room to work. This was as easy as removing four bolts and just setting it where you wanted to work. Upon getting ready to install I noticed that the lights where larger than the area I had to mount them with all of the mounting hardwear. I recently read that 6" lights do not work well on 2nd gen Taco bullbars because of the way they are designed. I cherry picked what peices of hardwear I was gonna use to install them. After I got the lights mounted on the bullbar and tightened down I noticed there is a little room where the lights want to move. This is becasue of the bulllbar being round and not an actual light bar with tabs. On an actual light bar these lights would be perfect. These lights are made so that you can adjust them to aim them perfectly (which mine could use some adjusting). The lights are on my bullbar and while they have a little room where they will wiggle if you shake them, they are secure.

Wiring was fairly simple. I have never done anything electrical before and even with no experience I didn't find myself having to hard a time getting the lights to work. The lights come with very simple and easy to read instructions. The switch is lighted. My switch was just barely to big to be put one of the switch holes on my dash so I am thinking of replacing it.

I gotta say that these lights are of pretty good quality. They feel pretty solid and I think they will hold up well to my abuse. The only weak link I can see is that theres no protection for the glass lens and a rock/branch/whatever could damage them.

They are also very bright. Once I get them 100% aimed they will be perfect. I wouldn't use them on the road because they are so bright.

Pros: Bright, good construction, cost ($55), quick shipping, easy to install and a full wiring kit
Cons: Would fit better on a light bar than an bullbar on a 2nd gen, no grill or cover for the lens

Heres just the lights from infront of the truck.

Just the off road lights

With the off road lights and my headlights on

Keep in mind my lights are not properly aimed yet as I ran outta time Today.

Would I recommend them to someone else? Hell yes. Once I get an actual light bar on my truck I might even purchase two more, I am that happy with these.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
automatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

automatcentral's Tacoma Gallery
Another great review of one of our products - the 100 Watt 6" Off Road Lamp Kit. Unfortunately, the pics are missing so the review loses its effectiveness.

Is it possible for the OP to repost the missing pics?

Thanks,
AutoMatCentral.com