Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

My Safelite Glass Replacement Review.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My Safelite Glass Replacement Review.

So while installing MRYO mirror relocation bracket my mirror button exploded off the inside glass. I was not tightening the screw when this happened. I had only slid the bracket on and was reaching for the mirror when this happened.

One day later in the afternoon the windshield shattered. It was very hot here so thats probably what made it spread.

Went to the dealer and they said it looked like a defective mirror button install and would replace under my warranty. Three days of calls and visits to the dealer proved otherwise. Toyota offered to only pay half the cost. A full windshield replacement by the dealer is $1100.00. So they wanted me to pay $550.00. Screw that filed a complaint with Toyota Care. Not that it would do much but anyway.

Called my insurance and because my deductible is $500.00 I was better off paying out of pocket. Gieco recommended Safelite.

Called safelite up and was quoted $274.00 installed.

Had it installed at:

1545 CROSSWAYS BLVD.STE.M
CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
Area-wide: 877-742-4577
Approx. 12.3 miles from 23321

Very friendly staff and waiting area had free coffee, snacks and wifi. My new one was installed within 90 min.

The only complaints I have are that in order to get the warranty from safelite, covers lifetime leaks and stress cracks, you have to purchase and have installed new bosch wiper blades. Kind of a dumb sales pitch but was only 20 more bucks and didnt want to take a chance on it breaking or leaking.

Overall Im very satisfied with the replacement. The sealant smell went away after 3 days or so. Hope this helps someone out in making a decision.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
You need state farm glass coverage