1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Safelite Glass Replacement Review.

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by 11TRD, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Jul 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    So while installing MRYO mirror relocation bracket my mirror button exploded off the inside glass. I was not tightening the screw when this happened. I had only slid the bracket on and was reaching for the mirror when this happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One day later in the afternoon the windshield shattered. It was very hot here so thats probably what made it spread.

[​IMG]

Went to the dealer and they said it looked like a defective mirror button install and would replace under my warranty. Three days of calls and visits to the dealer proved otherwise. Toyota offered to only pay half the cost. A full windshield replacement by the dealer is $1100.00. So they wanted me to pay $550.00. Screw that filed a complaint with Toyota Care. Not that it would do much but anyway.

Called my insurance and because my deductible is $500.00 I was better off paying out of pocket. Gieco recommended Safelite.

Called safelite up and was quoted $274.00 installed.

Had it installed at:

1545 CROSSWAYS BLVD.STE.M
    CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
    Area-wide: 877-742-4577
    Approx. 12.3 miles from 23321

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very friendly staff and waiting area had free coffee, snacks and wifi. My new one was installed within 90 min.

The only complaints I have are that in order to get the warranty from safelite, covers lifetime leaks and stress cracks, you have to purchase and have installed new bosch wiper blades. Kind of a dumb sales pitch but was only 20 more bucks and didnt want to take a chance on it breaking or leaking.

Overall Im very satisfied with the replacement. The sealant smell went away after 3 days or so. Hope this helps someone out in making a decision.

2. Jul 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    You need state farm glass coverage

3. Jul 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    Geico has glass coverage.... Sorta. I can have repairs done 2 times a year free of charge but not replacement. After this I changed my deductible to $100.00.

Products Discussed in

To Top