Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Air Bedz

Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #41
Sargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to all

Law Enforcement: Sgt. L.A. Sheriff, (Ret.)
Sargechris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnd2 View Post
I just ordered an Airbedz from AutoAnything. They have a deal on now you get free wheel well inserts, plus you can use the "welcome15" code for an additional 15% off. Plus there is free shipping so total was $162.00 with the inserts.

I have a couple of guestions for the guys that have them:

Do you have to manually blow up the wheel well inserts? Does this mean I still have to bring another inflator with me, or are they small enough to fill without an inflator?

To charge the battery is it 12v or 110v?

Thanks
Shawn.
Did you verify availability? All the places I checked (inc. their HQ) said 60 day backorder..
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #42
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargechris View Post
Did you verify availability? All the places I checked (inc. their HQ) said 60 day backorder..
Apparently it should ship today, I'll see I guess.
I'm in no big hurry anyways as next weekend will probably be my last camping trip of the year.

Shawn.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #43
Sargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to allSargechris is a name known to all

I took the time to check... their chat-room said they just got more in stock. I placed the same order you did!

THANKS for the heads-up! (how did we survive before the internet?!)
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took the time to check... their chat-room said they just got more in stock. I placed the same order you did!

THANKS for the heads-up! (how did we survive before the internet?!)
Glad I could help.

Shawn.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #46
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an email indicating my order was cancelled due to them being on back order.

Too bad.

Shawn.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #47
blunt is on a distinguished road
blunt's Tacoma Gallery
Now that you have the air mattress, what are you doing for the top? Some sort of tent? Cap? I want some sort of shelter to sleep in the back, but I don't want a cap on the truck all the time.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #48
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are going to love the Airbedz when you get it! I actually found it fairly easy to blow up the wheel well inserts with my lungs haha. you can buy a pump from them though.

Contact Jim or Rick directly at Airbedz (800) 981-2339 for a Tacomaworld Discount!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #49
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
oh and I have been borrowing my buddies truck tent that he got with his F150.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #50

Quote:
Just got an email indicating my order was cancelled due to them being on back order.

Too bad.

Shawn.
Ummm... I don't know if I should even relate this..... I just got mine yesterday morning . Wow--you give the alert but then I am the one who benefits! Maybe 'cause I live where I can go camping in the winter? (I did order via next day air).

Note: Kinda funny--Airbedz sent me TWO mattresses--one for a Tundra and also the correct one with the inserts... (they want the other one back)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunt View Post
Now that you have the air mattress, what are you doing for the top? Some sort of tent? Cap? I want some sort of shelter to sleep in the back, but I don't want a cap on the truck all the time.
Here is my setup:

Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #51
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Story of my life, oh well. I called Auto Anything after they cancelled and they reinstated my order, I'm just not sure when it will ship though.

I'm in no hurry though, so we'll see.

Shawn.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #52

Quote:
Story of my life, oh well. I called Auto Anything after they cancelled and they reinstated my order, I'm just not sure when it will ship though.

I'm in no hurry though, so we'll see.

Shawn.
Best Wishes & Thanks Again!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #53

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
picked up a campright truck tent, on sale from $240, for $62 haha!

paired with the airbedz and going winter camping in a few weeks!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #55

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
secret little store in my hometown, I'm going to go back today and see if they have stock on them again, we took the last 3.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #58
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine from Autoanything. Apparently they do carry them but they have been back ordered.
Mine is finally supposed to ship on Dec 6th, so I would assume they will start showing them soon.

Shawn.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #59
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ummm... I don't know if I should even relate this..... I just got mine yesterday morning . Wow--you give the alert but then I am the one who benefits! Maybe 'cause I live where I can go camping in the winter? (I did order via next day air).

Note: Kinda funny--Airbedz sent me TWO mattresses--one for a Tundra and also the correct one with the inserts... (they want the other one back)...

Here is my setup:

The Airbedz saga continues.
Not only did you get the Airbedz that I ordered! and they delayed me until Dec, which was no big deal because it's winter here so I wouldn't be using it.
They called in Dec saying it would be further delayed until the end of Feb. No big deal as again it's winter and cold.
Now they just called and said that the new ship date is July!!!
The main reason I bought it is a sleep in my truck at a 24hr mountain bike race which is in June.
If I do get it, this will be close to a year since I ordered it. AutoAnything has been good about it and is giving me the bed and inserts for free if/when they are available.

To make things right, I think you should send me yours for my race!!!

Shawn
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #60
Trog2233 is on a distinguished road
Trog2233's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Airbedz for the long bed that I have just sitting around. I had a long bed taco then just traded it in for a 4dr short bed taco. If anyone wants to buy mine message me and let me know. I'll gladly sell it. It was only used once. It works great. Like people have said sometimes they get low on air thru a whole night but with that built in pump just turn it on for a couple secs and ur good.