Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Air Bedz

Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #61
Seventy1 is on a distinguished road
Seventy1's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, could they not make a 6' mattress for the short box that would have slight indents at the end to fit around the box openings and rest on an open tailgate? Don't some of the box tents set up with an open box? Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #62
brian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian0128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Brian
brian0128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy1 View Post
Just curious, could they not make a 6' mattress for the short box that would have slight indents at the end to fit around the box openings and rest on an open tailgate? Don't some of the box tents set up with an open box? Thanks
I would be interested in this as well.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #63
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy1 View Post
So far they can't even make the regular 6ft model as they have been back ordered since September 2012!

Shawn.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #64
Pan704 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
Pan704's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of tent or camper shell are you using when you camp? Curious to know how spacious it is covered.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #65
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Well my Airbedz has been back ordered since Sept 2012. Just got notice that they finally have stock and have a tracking number.

I hope it was worth the 2 year wait!

Shawn.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #66
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody looking for a long bed version? Only used a couple of times and I just upgraded to a tundra so don't need it anymore. I have a Napier sportz tent that pairs real well with it, too.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #67
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnd2 View Post
Well my Airbedz has been back ordered since Sept 2012. Just got notice that they finally have stock and have a tracking number.

I hope it was worth the 2 year wait!

Shawn.

That's my kind of luck. I better not order one.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #68
VenturaSuperMagna is a name known to allVenturaSuperMagna is a name known to allVenturaSuperMagna is a name known to allVenturaSuperMagna is a name known to allVenturaSuperMagna is a name known to allVenturaSuperMagna is a name known to all

Navy: Avionics Tech
Name: Jared
VenturaSuperMagna's Tacoma Gallery
This looks pretty cool! Do you know if they have one for us short bed folks or are we just screwed? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #69
MICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan Thy Man
MICK's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested as well... Why can't we just put the tail gate down for our short beds? Will it not line up correctly?

I want to figure out my sleeping arrangements for my camper shell I just got. This would probably be the best solution, however, it might be hindered by having a short bed.

Not sure why we can't just put the tailgate down...
Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #70
CO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ryan
CO Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICK View Post
I'm very interested as well... Why can't we just put the tail gate down for our short beds? Will it not line up correctly?

I want to figure out my sleeping arrangements for my camper shell I just got. This would probably be the best solution, however, it might be hindered by having a short bed.

Not sure why we can't just put the tailgate down...
In a short-bed the wheel wells are closer to the cab, so the extra mattress above the wheel wells would have nowhere to go

l l.....longbed
) (
l l

vs.

) (......shortbed
l l
l l

Make sense?

I too have a short-bed, and wish there was one for us....
Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #71
MICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MICK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Ryan View Post
In a short-bed the wheel wells are closer to the cab, so the extra mattress above the wheel wells would have nowhere to go

l l.....longbed
) (
l l

vs.

) (......shortbed
l l
l l

Make sense?

I too have a short-bed, and wish there was one for us....
It sure does. Son of a bitch!

Why couldn't they just extend the rear part of the bed lol

Hmmm... back to the drawing boards for sleeping arrangements.

EDIT: Earlier I found these (below), I kind of have an idea for sleeping....
Maybe the cot can just prop up and over the wheel well? I measured and with the tailgate open, it should be an exact fit in length and just 2" wider than the cab (above the wheel wells ~58"). Then we would have a queen bed back there!

http://www.coleman.com/product/queen...9#.VC21d_ldW50

Seems like it would make sense, however, I don't want to be too close to the roof of my shell, suffocating myself, as if I were in a coffin. No bueno...
Old 10-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #72
CO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of lightCO Ryan is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ryan
CO Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
looks like there is another company called truck bedz that makes one specifically for short beds.
http://www.truck-bedz.com/automakers...cargo-box.html

Unfortunately, the higher-quality one is out of stock.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #73

MICK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Ryan View Post
looks like there is another company called truck bedz that makes one specifically for short beds.
http://www.truck-bedz.com/automakers...cargo-box.html

Unfortunately, the higher-quality one is out of stock.
I've seen these but I've also read people complaining about leakage, bad customer service, etc...
Old 10-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #74
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Mick, sorry my airbedz won't work for you!

What I did in my old truck was just roll up a futon pad and a featherbed mattress topper thing and made a makeshift bed in the back.

You could also make a platform and get an inflatable camping pad or 2 so you'll still essentially be at wheel height for sleeping. Or make a platform and travel with the mattess topper under it and pull it out for sleeping.

At any rate, I'd stay away from a bed mattress that doesn't cover the wheels. Rolling over on that or having it press down right there would be very annoying.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #75

MICK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
Mick, sorry my airbedz won't work for you!

What I did in my old truck was just roll up a futon pad and a featherbed mattress topper thing and made a makeshift bed in the back.

You could also make a platform and get an inflatable camping pad or 2 so you'll still essentially be at wheel height for sleeping. Or make a platform and travel with the mattess topper under it and pull it out for sleeping.

At any rate, I'd stay away from a bed mattress that doesn't cover the wheels. Rolling over on that or having it press down right there would be very annoying.
No worries man! Thanks for the ideas.

I will have to go back to the drawing board again. I was debating making a platform, or maybe just the truckbedz mattress that fits specifically for us short bed people. It's used with the tailgate down. Then, maybe put a pad on top. That might work and be the most cost effective.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #76
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post

That's my kind of luck. I better not order one.
The ironic part is a plan to sell my truck next month!

Shawn.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 AM   #77
odomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shedodomandr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
odomandr's Tacoma Gallery
I got a truckbedz one. Not the good one out of stock but the next one down and it is pretty damn good. Didn't leak on me. The key is inflating them at home to get the initial stretch out
Old 10-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #78
Garm is on a distinguished road
Garm's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo... no air bedz?

AutoAnything has done endless back orders to me before as well, I won't order through them.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #79
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garm View Post
Sooo... no air bedz?

AutoAnything has done endless back orders to me before as well, I won't order through them.
The last I looked places where starting to stock them.
I don't blame AutoAnything, I actually think their service was fantastic and they handled the back order situation great, and I'm quite critical.

I do blame Airbedz as it appears they didn't have product for almost 2 years!

Shawn.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #80
Garm is on a distinguished road
Garm's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered through TruckCandy.com, they emailed back on a Friday night and will ship Monday.

Can't wait to try it out!