Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

WANTED: REVIEWS FOR THE BEST LOCKING GAS CAP!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
WANTED: REVIEWS FOR THE BEST LOCKING GAS CAP!!!!

Hey everyone,
I need a locking cas cap for my '12 2.7/4cyl taco. I found one that Stant makes but the reviews say its a P.O.S. any info on the best one to buy is appreciated. They just caught a guy syphoning gas from other workers trucks. He caught a charge and a black eye from the man who caught him!!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of getting a locking cap also-Waiting for more info.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
2012pep is on a distinguished road
Name: pep
2012pep's Tacoma Gallery
if you find one let me know
Old 07-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Murray locking cap at O'Reilly Auto Parts. I went through 2 of the pos Stants...first one wouldn't lock and the second one broke. The Murray's been on now for 4 years and still working great!! It can be used in lock mode or non-lock mode with the turn of a key.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Is there an OEM Part number for the 2012 Tacoma gas cap?
Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Rich

Thanks KPT. Those links were just what I was looking for... You da man
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
I tried siphoning some gas out of my own tank and couldn't get a drop. I think it has an anti siphon feature in the fuel neck.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
I tried siphoning some gas out of my own tank and couldn't get a drop. I think it has an anti siphon feature in the fuel neck.
i believe you first need to use a solid rod of some sort to break through a thin strainer and then you can put a silicone hose down to do you siphoning.