Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #221
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
You can get a different leaf pack. Just get the 2" front coils/shocks from iron man and pick up a 3" Dakar leaf pack.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #222
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
4lo's Tacoma Gallery
I put mine om last week with the Toytec AAL. Beyond impressed with the front, AAL is a cheap fix until I can get something better but I no longer bottom out with a bed full of tools.
Highly recommend this lift/suspension upgrade.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #223
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec has this kit on sale now with AAL for just $599, http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...oma_p_965.html

I'm looking at it real hard - everyone still happy with it?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #224
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4lo's Tacoma Gallery
Very happy. With the cap and tools in the back I'm sitting at exactly 23" at all four wheels (yes a level Tacoma!)and the ride is many times better on the road. Off road is equally cool, I'm most impressed with its ability to take bigger hits at speed. Enter this code to sweetin the deal!!! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...upon-code.html.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #225
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm loving mine, its a sweet set-up.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #226
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome, thanks for the words fellas and the code

Gonna call up toytec and pull the trigger when they open back up on Monday I think - did you get the full leaf pack or the AAL? My rears are only 2 years old and have the tsb already.

Wonder how much tire I can stuff in there, my 265's are almost worn out
Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #227

I went with the Ironman leafs, I've had it on since January and its only sagged at little due to the cap. And I've seen someone put 255/85/16's on their's but I would worry about rubbing. I myself just got Hankook 265/75/16s, they seem to be the perfect balance in size and performance for me.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #228

4lo's Tacoma Gallery
If you can afford it get the Dakars. I did the AAL as a temp fix and its def not as good as a multi leaf pack (more stiff and doesn't take loads worth a damn). Chris, did you install the spacers? Mine looks like it sits a lot higher? Or maybe you have better rubber... http://
Old 09-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #229

Nah I have a winch/brushguard mount though that is pushing almost 200lbs hanging on the front so I lost some lift compared to everyone else but I don't have any issues with it.Before I got the winch/brushguard it was about as high as yours. Also I did just get new tires so that might be why as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #230

Thanks for all the info guys, great thread
Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #231

Ordered today from toytec, will update as I get the parts in and installed

Thanks again for your help fellas.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #232
Alexfiggy is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal MALS 39 ord 3 maw
Name: Alex
Alexfiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Are you guys using the differential drop ?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #233
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexfiggy View Post
Are you guys using the differential drop ?
None come with the kit. It comes with a CB drop kit.

But, no. The diff drop has proven to not do anything to the 2nd gens..
Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #234

4lo's Tacoma Gallery
^agree....mine came from Toytec with the dif drop kit though
Old 09-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #235

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lo View Post
^agree....mine came from Toytec with the dif drop kit though
See, mine came from Sierra (directly from IronMan in Jersey) with a CB drop. I would never use either of them though. Just gives an additional weak spot to an already weak area.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #236

4lo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
See, mine came from Sierra (directly from IronMan in Jersey) with a CB drop. I would never use either of them though. Just gives an additional weak spot to an already weak area.
Yep. I agree. I've got some pretty nice extra bolts though
And zero vibes or other issues.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #237

I didn't order any drop either - got mine through Toytec
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #238

My coils got pretty banged up as well, question - did you guys do anything to try to seal the chips or just slap them on? Only worried a little about rust, I live pretty close to the beach.....

Going bowhunting this weekend so installation will have to wait till the next one, wheels are on the way and researching tire installation and alignment (want to knock it all out right after the install so I only have to align once)

Pretty stoked right now, just wish the assembled coils would have been packed a little better.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #239

4lo's Tacoma Gallery
I hammered my coils putting them together. I used a paint pen to cover up the chips... Color doesn't match but they look pretty beat up after a few times off road anyway. Nice choice btw!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #240

Thanks bud