Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 10-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #241
rnu7634 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Way Bax
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the link to the Ironman 4x4 lift w/top spacer from ToyTec on a 2013 DBL Cab. This lift is well worth the money. I'm waiting on my wheels/tires and UCA's hopefully they get here next week.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...3-dbl-cab.html

Measuring from the center of hub to fender:
21" in the front to 23 1/2"
22 1/2" in the rear to 24 1/2-25" depending on where I parked.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #242
The Past Through Tomorrow
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny
JohnnyWayne's Tacoma Gallery
Lift goes on Tomorrow!

Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #243
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
4lo's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Nice! Show us some pics
Old 10-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #244

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
Before and After

Just thought I'd post a before and after pic, I flipped the top(before) image around so it would line up better with the bottom image.
Attached Thumbnails
IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-before-after.jpg  
Old 10-13-2013, 03:48 AM   #245
JohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyWayne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, lift was relatively quick and painless - took about 2 1/2 hours for me and my uncle, I was planning on it taking longer but my uncle is pretty damn good and was able to pull on experience whereas I would have been reading and crosschecking instructions half the time lol

The real pain came when I took her to Pepboys to have the new wheels and tires plus alignment done, took them about 5 hours and still didn't nail the alignment, gave me some bullshit about their printer is down so they couldn't print out the numbers but when I walked back in to check them on the screen the guy wasn't even close to the 2.5 positive caster I was requesting so I need to get it aligned again and bring the printout back then the battle begins with those maggots to get my money back.

Despite those issues she sits way better now and I am totally happy with the lift, they should come stock this way

Here are a few pics from the install and I will get more finished pics up with the wheels and tires when it gets light out, it was dark by the time I drove out of there last night:

First one in!

Best Uncle Ever

Had to cut the new bolt down to fit the bumpstops back on after the add-a-leaf:

She's Up:

On the rack for rubber and wheels:

I'll get more pics up when it lightens up outside, she sits really nice now and I'm loving it - so far well worth the money on this lift
Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #246
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
I recently installed this kit for a buddy of mine, beautiful kit. Your comment of the leaf packs being the same as dakkars though is not correct. From what i gather off the lift is if your planning on putting weight in the back( plate bumpers, excessive towing) maybe a different leaf pack may be better (in my eyes) if you are just lifting with say a front bumper i would suggest this lift anyday it was a comfortable ride compared to stock.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #247

Pics in the light:

Showing off for the inlaws

Cleaned up

Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #248

Quick update after taking to the dealer to fix the alignment, I am going to need to get some LR Uca's to fix my caster, stock has absolutely no wiggle room without throwing toe and camber out of whack; think the numbers for the caster are around .5 or so I need another 1-2 degrees from what I have read on here

Gonna order the uca's today and update again after I get them installed
Old 10-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #249

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
What size tire did you go with?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #250

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-20131014_115803_resized.jpg

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-20131014_130832_resized.jpg

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-20131014_130900-1_resized.jpg
I installed LR UCA's today. I'm just waiting for my wheels/tires, then off to get an alignment.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnu7634 View Post
What size tire did you go with?
285/75/16 Hankook DynaPro ATm

Those uca's look awesome, I ordered mine today - how was the install on those? Pretty painless?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #252

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
The install went well, I used a washcloth and visegrips to bend the metal, then bent it back into place with barley any marring marks on the metal. I used a 3/8 extension and a hammer on the passenger side to drive the uca bolt out. To re-install the bolt I used a socket and hammer and tapped the bolt in from under the hood. You can remove the 3 power steering resivour bolts, it makes it easier to tap the bolt back in, or you can re-install the bolt in the opposite direction.

Nice job on your truck man, looks awesome. Im still debating on tire size, my 265 70 17 are in. I really like the look of the 285's but dont want the power/gas mileage loss and possible re gearing idk I got until thursday/friday to figure it out. Does your tires rub? Any trimming?
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #253

Very very minor rubbing on the inside rear of the front wells at one angle only before full lock, it's just barely nicking it, most likely due to my tire choice. Didn't realize those suckers would be so beefy on the treads lol, Hoping the adjustable caster on the uca's will help with that and I don't want to trim if I don't have to. Didn't regear or anything and will be watching the mpg to see what happens there but haven't seen anything dramatic as of yet. I'm really diggin the 285's so far they're pretty solid plus gave me another inch or so on the lift
Old 10-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #254

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, thanks for the response. Ill post pics after I get my wheels and tires on.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #255
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going 265/75/16 when I end up getting new tires. I do a lot of highway driving, so 285 isn't a good option for me.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #256

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
I had 265/75/16's on my 06 Tacoma and really liked them, good choice.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #257

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
Got the wheels and tires installed today. I went with Nitto Terra Grapplers 265 70 17's.

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-taco-before-after.jpg

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-taco1.jpg

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-taco2.jpg
Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #258

Truck looks great!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #259
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery
How do you all like the Ironman lift after having them for a while? Is the quality maintained and not sagging or wearing down quickly and all?

I'm starting my research (looking to buy a lift probably towards the end of winter/beginning of spring 2014) and am between the 5100's, OME, and Ironman as of now. I really like the price of the ironman and they look like they are quality product but haven't been able to find much about them over time? I drive mostly on pavement, but am offroad fairly often for work (usually dirt, gravel, some mud, but nothing major) and want something that is good both on and offroad while giving me a little more clearance/hauling capacity. And I just like the look of a lifted tacoma.. Haha seems to be a very unpopular reason to buy a lift around here since I don't go wheeling and am not buying a camper or plate bumper or anything but whatever.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #260

Air Force:
rnu7634's Tacoma Gallery
I'm really enjoying the Ironman 4x4 suspension setup, its super beefy and rides very well on/off road.