Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #341
BSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BSUTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Thanks for posting in here Matt. I asked Eli to chime in once upon a time, but I think it might have been during his time going from New Jersey to California. If there is any "overstock" before you guys go back to Australia with some of the parts, anyway we could possibly get some good pricing on extra parts for those just in case moments?
I would be interested in this as well.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 AM   #342
Ironman 4x4 is on a distinguished road

Ironman 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Thanks for posting in here Matt. I asked Eli to chime in once upon a time, but I think it might have been during his time going from New Jersey to California. If there is any "overstock" before you guys go back to Australia with some of the parts, anyway we could possibly get some good pricing on extra parts for those just in case moments?
I cant comment on what Eli was up to but I'm here now :-)

As for overstock. There is no plans to bring it back to Australia. As stated we are just restructuring out North American operation and all our products and support will still be available in the future. So no need to buy up for those just in case moments.

Hope that helps for now. If there is anything more I can help answer, I'm just a PM away!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 AM   #343
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman 4x4 View Post
I cant comment on what Eli was up to but I'm here now :-)

As for overstock. There is no plans to bring it back to Australia. As stated we are just restructuring out North American operation and all our products and support will still be available in the future. So no need to buy up for those just in case moments.

Hope that helps for now. If there is anything more I can help answer, I'm just a PM away!
Thanks and glad to hear you are stay in the states
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #344
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered this lift, should I also order new shackles? What lock washers would you recommend me purchasing?
Old 02-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #345
4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed4lo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
4lo's Tacoma Gallery
^where'd you order the kit from? No need for new shackles or washers, everything you need comes with the kit or can be re used, just torque to spec.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #346
BSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSUTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BSUTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb42 View Post
Just ordered this lift, should I also order new shackles? What lock washers would you recommend me purchasing?
Very curious where you ordered the kit from as well, several of us have been looking for the kit or components, specifically the leaf packs.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #347
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUTaco View Post
Very curious where you ordered the kit from as well, several of us have been looking for the kit or components, specifically the leaf packs.
Trdparts4u has them up on their site:

Entire Kit
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9200

Leaf Pack
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9514
Old 02-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #348

BSUTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Awesome, thank you. Hopefully I can get an order placed soon.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 AM   #349
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUTaco View Post
Awesome, thank you. Hopefully I can get an order placed soon.

You may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else, not sure. I think we get 10% off trdparts4u if you mention tacomaworld.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #350
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's where I went to purchase my sway bar relocate bracket. 3 of the 4 people working had modified Tacomas. The 4th drove an FJ that wasn't there that day. They were all very nice.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #351
gb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgb42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
gb42's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing beat TRDparts4u price wise that I saw (and they have free shipping and no sales tax).

Not sure about the 10% off.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #352
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Also, I just remeasured my front driver side, and I'm sitting at 22.5" hub to fender. So I got a full 2" of lift. That's the only pre lift hub to fender measurement I took though.

I posted this over in the Pyrite Mica thread. I figure it might have some place here too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
Pre lift, pre tires

Post lift, pre tires

Post lift, post tires:

Old 02-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #353
AlanLoshbaugh is on a distinguished road
Name: Alan
AlanLoshbaugh's Tacoma Gallery
I did not do UCA's on my 2005 Access Cab with the Ironman and got good alignment.
Is that the consensus?

My 2005 got totaled, and I now have a 2013 Double Cab; and I liked the Ironman enough I'm probably gonna order it again.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #354
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. It's pretty common as long as you don't add spacers on top.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #355
I didn't put spacers on top
however, my kit did come with spacer rings to go under the spring bucket on the coil over struts.
this raises the spring perch
Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #356
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Those are fine. I'm talking additional top plate. I have 1/4" only on one side for the lean
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #357
cool.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #358
mooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant future
mooker82's Tacoma Gallery
I ran mine without UCAs for over a year. The alignment was in spec but my wife hated the way the truck drove. She rarely drove it and every time she did she complained how light and twitchy the steering felt on the interstate. I broke down and bought light racing UCAs and the truck does drive so much better.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:50 AM   #359
My 2005 didn't feel that way at all.
I had bfg 265 rugged terrain on it.

On the other hand, by new 2013 feels a little like that stock. it has dunlop 245 grand trek (or similar model name) on it.

so, I think tire choice can effect that as well.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #360
As for the alignment, I've had it done at two different shops. One said I was in spec, the other said I was out. I'm going to go with the shop that said I was in spec just because the printout looked like something from the new millennium and the out of spec looked like something from the mid 90s.

I'm still contemplating the UCAs because I noticed some slight rub on my driver side UCA...I'm running 265/70/17. I didn't think that would be an issue since I didn't get any wider of a tire. I also didn't think it would be an issue since a lot of people run that tire size without a lift!