Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #21
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianTaco View Post
X2 ^^
X3
Old 09-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, sorry guys. Forgot to update. Ill update when I get to a computer.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexfiggy View Post
Hows the lift so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianTaco View Post
X2 ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstephan View Post
X3
For all of you wondering, the lift is still great. I have now even hauled something heavier than I usually do. It held the 1600 or so pounds I put back there better than any stock leaf pack would. I didn't even bottom out to the bump stops. Ride was still smooth with all the extra weight.

I have only taken the truck fully off road once with it on, and it handles bumps very well. I went high-speed testing down some graded roads as well and couldn't feel a single bump going over them around 40MPH. The coils and shocks are very good at taking the bumps. I would change a few things I did, but nothing major with this lift.

Also, Ironman has great customer service. I called/e-mailed about a problem and they were very quick to get back to me with all the information or parts I needed.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #24
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update. Seriously considering the Ironman leaf pack, about 2 inches rear lift would be about right for me.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #25

Air Force:
And the pack holds a lot more weight than I was even going to put into it. I may at some point test out the weight limit to it, but it will be a while.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #26
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looks like a good lift. 650 lb springs are high up there but once they settle in its gunna be a better ride. And I like how they give you fresh leaf pack this kit similiar to the old man emu kit.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #27

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice looks like a good lift. 650 lb springs are high up there but once they settle in its gunna be a better ride. And I like how they give you fresh leaf pack this kit similiar to the old man emu kit.
And the cost comparison between OME/Dakars and the IM4x4, why wouldn't you go with the new company?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
And the cost comparison between OME/Dakars and the IM4x4, why wouldn't you go with the new company?
I was just giving more of an opinion. But after looking this thread I would get this kit instead of the old man emu.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #29

Air Force:
The only thing I regret with this kit was having a shop who was supposedly good at putting shocks/coils together put them together. I know my driver side is a bit messed up, but I don't currently have the extra cash to go get another alignment after taking it back apart.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Quote:
The only thing I regret with this kit was having a shop who was supposedly good at putting shocks/coils together put them together. I know my driver side is a bit messed up, but I don't currently have the extra cash to go get another alignment after taking it back apart.
Dang that's bummer you should go back to them and call them out see if they can help you out. And just looked at the web site I might just order a set of rear leaf packs from them pretty cheap but much did they add for shipping your kit
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #31

Air Force:
The whole kit shipped was only 58 or so? Wasn't bad for shipping at all. You can order it from a few different places, but I found sierraexpeditions had it for the cheapest at the time. You may also call the guys over at camel4x4 since they are the sole distributor for it in the US. I have the e-mail address of the director of operations here in the states for IronMan.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #33
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The whole kit shipped was only 58 or so? Wasn't bad for shipping at all. You can order it from a few different places, but I found sierraexpeditions had it for the cheapest at the time. You may also call the guys over at camel4x4 since they are the sole distributor for it in the US. I have the e-mail address of the director of operations here in the states for IronMan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice I saw they sell the leaf pack for 123 bucks each that's great price
Shipping looks to be only like 36 for the rear springs!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #35
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
So like 300 for the leaf pack uhhhhhhhh wha? Shit......that might be what i need. If I just rock the 885x and that leaf pack I would sit about level me thinks

So ya....280 shipped it looks like for the B rated springs. Thats what you have right Haslefree? gave you 2 Inches in the rear for lift?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #36

Air Force:
Yes, 2" lift. Was a bit more until they settled. And they are different for each side.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yes, 2" lift. Was a bit more until they settled. And they are different for each side.
Different for each side....explain please? So I wouldnt get two(2) of the same ones?
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #38

Air Force:
One says DS for driver side which is a bit higher since the gas tank sits on that side.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #39
Quote:
One says DS for driver side which is a bit higher since the gas tank sits on that side.
Oh ok...well then I would def call cuz I didnt see that on the website. A guy is rocking the 885x and top plate with a 2" aal and it looks level pretty much. He says he has 24 in the rear and 23.5 in the front. I think Im gonna order the leafs from sierra this week. thanks
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #40

Air Force:
Depending on what you will be doing with your truck I would look into the greasable shackles that they have. You will be pulling your shackles out anyway to cut out the old bushings, so might as well go all new in the back. Just a thought anyway.