Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #61
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooker82 View Post
I just installed this kit on my 2012 tacoma and love it so far. The ride is very good. I would say the ride is on par with the OME kit on a friends Tacoma. I did use the front spacers included and still have about a 1/2" to 1" rake, which to me is perfect. CV angles look good and I have no vibrations or squeaks. My only complaint would be with the powder coating on the front coils and shocks. Whenever you install the front spacer the ring scratches the shocks up bad (even after greasing the spacer). The powder coating on the coils also chipped up bad from the spring compressors.

The guy who did the install was very impressed with the kit to the point that he contacted Ironman expressing interest in becoming a dealer.
What did you end up measuring on the front end?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #62
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
See first post for mine. 23" in front.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #63
mooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant future
mooker82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookin View Post
What did you end up measuring on the front end?
I am at 23 front and 24 3/4 rear. I did use the front spacer included with the kit.
Attached Thumbnails
IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-image.jpg   IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-image-4.jpg  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #64
Bookin is on a distinguished road

Bookin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooker82 View Post
I am at 23 front and 24 3/4 rear. I did use the front spacer included with the kit.
Thanks. Mine is a DCLB too. That info helps. You're still running stock UCA's correct?
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 AM   #65
mooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant futuremooker82 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookin View Post
Thanks. Mine is a DCLB too. That info helps. You're still running stock UCA's correct?
Yes. Handles great.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #66
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:

Well, ran into my first major problem. Turns out it wasn't improper installation by the company, it was a bad coil from IronMan. I shall be contacting them as soon as I get to work on Wednesday for a replacement. Hopefully they send me one first since it will be hard to go without a truck for a while.

PS, no that is not me.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post

Well, ran into my first major problem. Turns out it wasn't improper installation by the company, it was a bad coil from IronMan. I shall be contacting them as soon as I get to work on Wednesday for a replacement. Hopefully they send me one first since it will be hard to go without a truck for a while.

PS, no that is not me.
In that 2nd picture it looks like the coils were not properly seated which caused it to bend.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #68

Air Force:
It actually was seated properly. It started bending from the beginning, just wasn't noticeable at first.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #69

Air Force:
Well, IronMan4x4 came through for me! They are sending me a new set of coils before I send in my old ones. Let's just hope this will be the last time I need to take them apart! If anyone has any problems with their parts from the lift, let me know and I will PM you the e-mail address of the guy who I am working with.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #70

Air Force:
And, the coils are at the house. I guess I will put them in the next time I have a free day. Probably won't be for a week or so.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #71
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Just would like to add that I installed the rear suspension today without any problems. Plan on finishing the front tomorrow.So far the ride is awesome and install wasn't that bad, was able to do it myself. Would also like to give a shout out to trdparts4u, they shipped me the wrong coil springs and by the next day overnighted me the correct ones as well as picked up the old ones free of charge. That's service right there.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #72

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post
Just would like to add that I installed the rear suspension today without any problems. Plan on finishing the front tomorrow.So far the ride is awesome and install wasn't that bad, was able to do it myself. Would also like to give a shout out to trdparts4u, they shipped me the wrong coil springs and by the next day overnighted me the correct ones as well as picked up the old ones free of charge. That's service right there.
Anyone selling this lift so far has had great service
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #73

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Would this kit give the 4 banger more lift than the v6? I am ultimately looking for a 2.5in lift and its between OME and Ironman as of now.
I wouldn't think so. It may actually end up being a stiff ride with just the 2.7. Let me contact the guy Im working with and ask him. I should be able to get back to you by Monday.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #74
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
I installed this kit on my 4-Cylinder Access cab and it was more than 2", more like 2.5". I figured though since 4-Cylinder weighs 100lbs less. I'll get exact measurements tomorrow for you. Also I would like to ask, has anyone had issues with their sway bar? Mines rubbing just sitting on flat ground so I'm going to have to relocate it.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #75

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post
I installed this kit on my 4-Cylinder Access cab and it was more than 2", more like 2.5". I figured though since 4-Cylinder weighs 100lbs less. I'll get exact measurements tomorrow for you. Also I would like to ask, has anyone had issues with their sway bar? Mines rubbing just sitting on flat ground so I'm going to have to relocate it.
With the amount of lift you got from it, I would say you need to relocate. Toytec has a kit for cheap. I do not need to though, never had a problem with it only sitting at 2" full lift.

Now, I sent an e-mail to my contact at IronMan asking him about what you should do to get the 2 1/2" you are looking for. I have a feeling he will say you may need to get one of the small trim spacers you can buy with it. They come in 5mm, 10mm and 15mm and fit on your shock just like the OME does.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #76

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Well if the access cab got more than 2 inches than the reg cab should be slightly higher than that even . This might be just the kit I need then.

I figured if I did go this route that I might have to use that option, but I think that will only be needed if I actually do get armor or I feel I need more clearance...which I doubt.
Agreed. Like I said, I should have an answer back for you within the next few days. He is usually pretty good at getting back with me.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #77
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of this kit...been shopping around since I got the truck and I like the price point and the fact that it comes with new leafs (mine need replacing BAD) not too mention no need for UCAs...gonna have to do a little more research but I like what I see so far. Anyone have any tire sizes they wanna throw out there that they're running? Thanks for the thread, good info. I'll be back
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #78
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lift man. I just installed this lift kit on my friends 4 banger. He may be the first 4 banger with it on TW. (he was extremely proud of that possible fact)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #79
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be installing this set up but with ome front coils
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #80
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Thanks for posting a review for the rest of us!