Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Does he have a regular cab?
Nah it was an Access Cab.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #82
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anywhere to order this kit from besides Sierra expeditions?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #83
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Trdparts4u has it, with free shipping as well, they also have a 10% coupon ironman10.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #84
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post
Also I would like to ask, has anyone had issues with their sway bar? Mines rubbing just sitting on flat ground so I'm going to have to relocate it.
OME shocks require sway bar relocation. If the Ironman shocks are just as wide, they will need it, too. Toytec and Icon make relocation plates, and you can buy them from TRDParts4U I think.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #85

dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone installed a small spacer to level the front with the back?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #86
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
Has anyone installed a small spacer to level the front with the back?
You can, but you can also get the trim packers to put in the coil. I like the rake personally
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #87
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Our trucks will end up very similar Hagen
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #88
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
What color is yours?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #89

dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
What tire size do y'all plan on running? The more I read about the kit the more I like it
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #90
Law Enforcement:
Pyrite mica but using the ironman leaf springs,ome 884 coils, the softopper set up from the group buy and F5 wheels
Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #91
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
When I kill these rugged fails, I'll go to 255/85/16. I like the tall skinny tires... Same as my women
Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #92

Air Force:
Quote:
Hey Haslefre, I decided to just spend the money I would be tosing to mecahnics and buy some tools to do the job myself even if the highest temp will be like 35 degrees haha. What all did you need to install the kit? I worked on numerous vehicles in the army but nothing to crazy and havent had the chance to mess with suspension but it looks to be fairly retard proof after watching videos and reading up a bit. I always manage to be the one to get near everything apart and realize I need to run to the store and get some tool or variation to finish the job.
A bunch of the larger mm sockets and wrenches. 24, 23, 22, and so on. I would get a better list for you but Im out of town for the next few days. When I get home I will pm you all the tools. Torque wrench is a major one though. Breaker bar as well.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #93

Air Force:
Quote:
Alright no hurry, the kit hasnt even shipped yet.
Mine took a while as well.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #94
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Haslefre, I decided to just spend the money I would be tosing to mecahnics and buy some tools to do the job myself even if the highest temp will be like 35 degrees haha. What all did you need to install the kit? I worked on numerous vehicles in the army but nothing to crazy and havent had the chance to mess with suspension but it looks to be fairly retard proof after watching videos and reading up a bit. I always manage to be the one to get near everything apart and realize I need to run to the store and get some tool or variation to finish the job.
I'd get a socket set from 24mm-10mm, also some metric wrenches 22mm-10mm. Also take a look at bjmooses OME lift install thread,it's a sticky in the suspension section on here, I followed it and everything pretty much came together perfectly...except that damn shackle bushing. Might want to get a buddy as well, it's not necessary but it definitely helps.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #95

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagan14 View Post
I'd get a socket set from 24mm-10mm, also some metric wrenches 22mm-10mm. Also take a look at bjmooses OME lift install thread,it's a sticky in the suspension section on here, I followed it and everything pretty much came together perfectly...except that damn shackle bushing. Might want to get a buddy as well, it's not necessary but it definitely helps.
Removing the stock shackle bushings sucked. Id do them asap to get them pressed out and poly bushings put in.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #96

Air Force:
Quote:
I thought the kit came with new bushings so you dont have to mess with the stock?

I did read bjmoose's install and I am confident I can do the front other than the coils. I will probably find a place to put those on. However it went to crap when it came to the rear. I am a little skeptical on that process. I have been watching videos on different vehicles and it all looks close to the same. And I think once I get the wheel off and shovel the snow away so I can get under the truck it will make alot more sense. I will not pay a mechanic $100 an hour minimum to do something I can learn off youtube. Just not happening.

I ordered a floor jack and some stands. I need to look through the tools I have before ordering anything else though.
Make sure you get tall stands. It comes with new bushings, but not new shackles. So unless you want to just use the stock shackle bushings... You need them pressed out. Id have to guide you through the process on that. It was a mess.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #97

Air Force:
Quote:
Dang, would pb blaster help the process? I am going to start soaking everyting with it tommorrow. I just did a quick google on it but didnt see any decent answers other than cutting the bolt and replacing it.
Not those. They need to be pressed or cut. Drill out all the rubber, sawzall some of the metal and chisel out...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #98
Trails4Life is on a distinguished road
Trails4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write up. I was talking with a guy at 4Wheel Parts and he said a lot of products are on back order. Said it was the economy and inventories are low, long lead times on a lot of products and fabricated parts, some companies laying off causing longer wait times. Not sure what to do, but a 2 inch lift looks good.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #99
harmonica is on a distinguished road
harmonica's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to thank you guys for the thread and info. Just bought the wife a 4x4 Tacoma to go along with my FJ. She wanted to beef it up a bit. After doing some research I found this thread and got most the info I needed. Ordered my Ironman 4x4 lift yesterday from TRDParts4U out of Dallas. As Hagen mentioned, 10% off plus shipping was free. Hopefully the lift and sway bar relocate kit will show up soon as the wife is chomping at the bit to put new rims and tires on.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #100

Air Force:
Yeah, they do have some of the best customer service. If I was closer to you Hagen I would come help you put it in.