Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

IronMan 4x4 2" lift!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #161
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Boner if a gb is set up! Might be willing to buy if it's around 600. Bucks
Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #162
Boston10Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
Boston10Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The suspense is killing me!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #163
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
subd for group buy!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #164
60% of the time it works every time
Hollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHollywood22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hollywood22's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ x2
Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #166
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Swamp Donkey's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,

I am going to be installing this lift tomorrow. I only have two questions and they are about both your mistakes! What exactly do I have to use off of my original rear leaf spring bushings for the new kit? I would say is it obvious, but if you missed it! And this top spacer plate deal that was installed incorrectly, if I follow instructions to a "T" will I be fine? Or are the instructions real crappy?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #167
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
Hey,

I am going to be installing this lift tomorrow. I only have two questions and they are about both your mistakes! What exactly do I have to use off of my original rear leaf spring bushings for the new kit? I would say is it obvious, but if you missed it! And this top spacer plate deal that was installed incorrectly, if I follow instructions to a "T" will I be fine? Or are the instructions real crappy?
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I've been in the hospital all day long.

Rear spring bushings... NOTHING! You need to re-use your shackle obviously...but with those bushings... Cut them or press them out. You get new bushings. Might as well use NEW poly ones vs the shitty ones we get originally. Make it easier on yourself and put some grease on them.

Instructions? What are those? I went pretty much off the OME install linked in the suspension pages. It isn't anything new. For the front though, make sure you take your springs and shocks to a store and have them swapped. No home use coil compressor will get them to work. If you need any assistance, just holler. Hopefully I will have more time to reply. If I don't get ahold of Hagen. He seems to have it down fairly well also.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #168
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I got the lift in. Until I talk with the guy I bought the kit from I will not post much other then I am not that thrilled.

The 1st pic is before lift. 2nd is after lift. I think my back end is sagging more with the brand new 5 pack leaf springs with 2 overloads! I mean the overall differential between the two. Very depressing.
Attached Thumbnails
IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-img_1373.jpg   IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-img_1377.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #169
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Can you send me pictures of the leaf springs? I'm thinking they sold you the wrong rating for the cap.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #170
My leaf springs are perfectly flat right now. I told the fella I am always loaded and went across the weigh scales and got front and rear axle weights and told him I wanted the most HD kick ass rear leaf springs.

The other pic is just of all the crap I have in the back of my truck at any given moment.

The GVWR is 2426 Kg. (5400 or so Lbs.) So I am right around the vehicles max GVWR.

The door sticker says 1249kg and the scale said 1160 kg for front axle.

Rear axle sticker say 1410 kg and my rear axle was 1300 kg.

My curb weight is just a hair below 4000 lbs. 3970 kinda area.

Thinking I need a little more help back there! Like I mentioned before, the truck is always loaded. So I will have to figure something out.
Attached Thumbnails
IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-img_1379.jpg   IronMan 4x4 2" lift!-img_1375.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #171

Air Force:
I would recommend taking out an overload leaf and finding some Chevy springs to reinforce your current pack, even brand new. Look for the thread on it... Probably your best choice. Or spending cash on a custom all pro set
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #172
I figure a humongous front bumper and winch might level things out!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #173
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Actually the springs may be working just fine, I think what you are seeing is the the front is now higher than the back when you're loaded down, this is more than likely because these springs were designed for the V6 trucks which have an additional 80-90lbs on the front axle, therefore the springs in the front are giving you more lift. I have the exact same truck as you, with the cap, and had the same stance as your truck in second the pic. Now from your pics I can tell that the springs are working, what size tires do you have?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #174
Stock 245-75-16 tires. It just drives me nuts to be so low in the back, getting blasted by high beams from others who thinks I have my high beams on. It even feels lower now in the back then stock when I am driving. Don't need to recline the seats! I am already chillin with my back bumper inches from the ground! HAHAHA.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #176
cfagan14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cfagan14's Tacoma Gallery
Well how much weight do you figure is in the back? The cap takes an 1/2 inch off the springs as it weights 200lbs, then add all the weight that you have back there and you're probably pushing +500lbs. More than likely you just need a heavier set of springs like Dakars.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #177
Darn. Go through all the cost, effort etc of installing the wrong part and having to do it all over again. I figure around 7-800 lbs with the canopy.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #178
tweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud oftweeter1148 has much to be proud of

Air Force:
Name: Brandon
tweeter1148's Tacoma Gallery
So all you need to buy extra for this kit is the sway bar relocation bracket? I see their greasable shackles are pretty cheap..should i pick those up too.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #179
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
The Ironman website doesnt say much about their products. Are the leaf springs military wrap? Are they really comparable to Dakars?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #180

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
The Ironman website doesnt say much about their products. Are the leaf springs military wrap? Are they really comparable to Dakars?
Close to yes. Same engineers opened their own company from OME