Notices

Disappointed in Product design!!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Short Sweet & Hard to beat!
craignthem08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Pineapple
craignthem08's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Disappointed in Product design!!

Anybody have any bad experiences with Body Armor products? I ordered a set of taillight guards for my 09' DC from Amazon. The fitment guide on Amazon stated that they fit. HA! The instructions were minimal at best and of no help. The instructions stated that "if the mounting brackets did not fit, they could be adjusted with a pair of pliers." I had to use a hammer with some elbow grease to get the mounting brackets flst enough to fit next to the taillight! I don't think I will be purchasing another Body Armor product in the future!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
they also make by far the most horrid bumpers out there. The front bumper makes the truck look like it has a massive underbite.

basically, yeah never buy anything from them, it's all terrible.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by craignthem08 View Post
Anybody have any bad experiences with Body Armor products? I ordered a set of taillight guards for my 09' DC from Amazon. The fitment guide on Amazon stated that they fit. HA! The instructions were minimal at best and of no help. The instructions stated that "if the mounting brackets did not fit, they could be adjusted with a pair of pliers." I had to use a hammer with some elbow grease to get the mounting brackets flst enough to fit next to the taillight! I don't think I will be purchasing another Body Armor product in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
they also make by far the most horrid bumpers out there. The front bumper makes the truck look like it has a massive underbite.

basically, yeah never buy anything from them, it's all terrible.
first thing came to mind- I don't know how much R&D they put into that front plate, but it looks like a middle schooler drew up the plans on a napkin

though I havent seen anyone post anything about their other products in awhile
Old 08-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
first thing came to mind- I don't know how much R&D they put into that front plate, but it looks like a middle schooler drew up the plans on a napkin

though I havent seen anyone post anything about their other products in awhile
I was hoping they'd gone out of business.

I guess not
Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
If you had seen their bumpers and still bought the guards then shame on you lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
braaap

go ahead and check out this hunk of fail OP

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ody-armor.html
Old 08-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #7
Short Sweet & Hard to beat!
craignthem08 is on a distinguished road

Name: Pineapple
craignthem08's Tacoma Gallery
I had not seen any of their products. The one time I do no research and just pull the trigger on a purchase and I get disappointed! WOW that front bumper is HORRID!!!! Thanks guys!