1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have "Clazzio custom seat covers" in their truck?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by amoomaw, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    amoomaw

amoomaw [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.
    Hello, I've been looking for some leather/leatherish seat covers for my truck. I do alot of training and am tired of putting down trashbags and towels so I don't drench my seats with sweat. I saw these on ebay, anyone have them or recommend any other covers. I'm not into the, "okies" I think they would soak up moisture.

Toyota Tacoma TRD 2009-2011 Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160690639544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Feedback Wanted!

Thanks guys.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 1, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    pioneer 4300dvd, subwoofer, axxes steering wheel controls, remote start, painted rims, stereo usb/ipod converter, tinted fog and tail lights, low profile window shades, tinted windows, low profile bed top, custom grillcraft grill, blacked out headlights+tint film, night shaded driving lights mounted under hood, night shaded 3rd brakelight, film tinted tail lights, aftermarket pop'n'lock tail gait lock, light switch added for off-road lights, headlight "eyebrows", remote start, hardwired radar detector, seat belt chime disabled, disabled drl, painted interior, custom leather seat covers.
    these are sweet, and i love them...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sep 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
  4. Sep 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    What color is that...black? Looks fantastic. I take it you went with the perforated leather insert?

5. Sep 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    they look really nice. I also plan to get leather covers for my seats at some point. Have you looked at Katzkins? They are also nice.

6. Sep 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Katskinz are nice but from what I can see they are at least $200 more than the clazzios and also much harder to install since you need to take off the factory covers first. The clazzios slide on over the factory covers.

7. Sep 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    aaah, I see. Makes me wonder if you get a tighter/better fit by taking of the stock covers.

8. Sep 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    Beast Mode

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    I thought Katskinz were more like $800? I've head that if you don't have experience with installing upholstery then you better leave the install to the pros too. That'll run you another couple hundred. Know doubt Katskinz look better, but it's marginally and the cost savings make Clazzio more appealing for me.

9. Sep 12, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    With the Clazzio covers it says to remove the sport covers from the seats then install the leather covers. I just untied the sport covers at the bottle of the seat and slipped the new covers over the top of them. They turned out great. The Katskinz are double the price. I'm really glad I went with these instead.

10. Sep 12, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    jsmarine

jsmarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma SR5 Crew Cab 4x4
    ARB front & rear lockers ARB bull bar Warn XP9000 winch IPF lights
    I may be stating the obvious, but the seat covers are not all leather, the ebay ad says "synthetic leather, with perforated real leather inserts."

The perforated inserts are the only leather, the rest is plastic. The price seems kind of high for basically plastic seat covers. I would rather have 100% leather seat covers.

11. Sep 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    Beast Mode

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    That's true that they are vinyl, however the difference in material is really not that noticeble. The PVC is durable and feels similar to leather. It comes down to cost. If you want the best of the best go katskinz, if you want to dress up the rig and save your seats on a budget go with Clazzio. One major point to note is that Clazzio covers fit better than any other "leather" cover on the market. Most if not everyone who sits in your ride would never guess they are covers. IMO they are a hell of a deal.

12. Sep 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    amoomaw

Member:
    First Name:
    moomaw
    central illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport Black
    What he said.

13. Sep 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Like others have already said, it's a price and installation difficulty decision. I'd be willing to bet the price difference that a random person who didn't know anything about Clazzio covers wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the leather and the vinyl sections.

Products Discussed in

To Top