Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Anyone have "Clazzio custom seat covers" in their truck?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
amoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to behold

Name: moomaw
amoomaw's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have "Clazzio custom seat covers" in their truck?

Hello, I've been looking for some leather/leatherish seat covers for my truck. I do alot of training and am tired of putting down trashbags and towels so I don't drench my seats with sweat. I saw these on ebay, anyone have them or recommend any other covers. I'm not into the, "okies" I think they would soak up moisture.

Toyota Tacoma TRD 2009-2011 Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160690639544...84.m1423.l2649

Feedback Wanted!

Thanks guys.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I have them and think they're worth every penny.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...riors-com.html
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoomaw View Post
these are sweet, and i love them...

What color is that...black? Looks fantastic. I take it you went with the perforated leather insert?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
they look really nice. I also plan to get leather covers for my seats at some point. Have you looked at Katzkins? They are also nice.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Katskinz are nice but from what I can see they are at least $200 more than the clazzios and also much harder to install since you need to take off the factory covers first. The clazzios slide on over the factory covers.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Katskinz are nice but from what I can see they are at least $200 more than the clazzios and also much harder to install since you need to take off the factory covers first. The clazzios slide on over the factory covers.
aaah, I see. Makes me wonder if you get a tighter/better fit by taking of the stock covers.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I thought Katskinz were more like $800? I've head that if you don't have experience with installing upholstery then you better leave the install to the pros too. That'll run you another couple hundred. Know doubt Katskinz look better, but it's marginally and the cost savings make Clazzio more appealing for me.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
amoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to beholdamoomaw is a splendid one to behold

amoomaw's Tacoma Gallery
With the Clazzio covers it says to remove the sport covers from the seats then install the leather covers. I just untied the sport covers at the bottle of the seat and slipped the new covers over the top of them. They turned out great. The Katskinz are double the price. I'm really glad I went with these instead.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
I may be stating the obvious, but the seat covers are not all leather, the ebay ad says "synthetic leather, with perforated real leather inserts."

The perforated inserts are the only leather, the rest is plastic. The price seems kind of high for basically plastic seat covers. I would rather have 100% leather seat covers.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
I may be stating the obvious, but the seat covers are not all leather, the ebay ad says "synthetic leather, with perforated real leather inserts."

The perforated inserts are the only leather, the rest is plastic. The price seems kind of high for basically plastic seat covers. I would rather have 100% leather seat covers.
That's true that they are vinyl, however the difference in material is really not that noticeble. The PVC is durable and feels similar to leather. It comes down to cost. If you want the best of the best go katskinz, if you want to dress up the rig and save your seats on a budget go with Clazzio. One major point to note is that Clazzio covers fit better than any other "leather" cover on the market. Most if not everyone who sits in your ride would never guess they are covers. IMO they are a hell of a deal.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #12

amoomaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
That's true that they are vinyl, however the difference in material is really not that noticeble. The PVC is durable and feels similar to leather. It comes down to cost. If you want the best of the best go katskinz, if you want to dress up the rig and save your seats on a budget go with Clazzio. One major point to note is that Clazzio covers fit better than any other "leather" cover on the market. Most if not everyone who sits in your ride would never guess they are covers. IMO they are a hell of a deal.
What he said.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post

Like others have already said, it's a price and installation difficulty decision. I'd be willing to bet the price difference that a random person who didn't know anything about Clazzio covers wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the leather and the vinyl sections.