Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: UOBD2 Mini VCI for Toyota

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
Anyone have this working on Vista???

Software only works for Windows XP (or running in XP-mode).
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #22
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Ziggy, so you are having success with the software? In your opinion, it's worth owning?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Works great on my '11. I think it is worthwhile as I've changed the seabelt chime and reset my tpms with it. One of those things that only gets used 3x a year but saves me a trip to the dealership.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #24
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Works great on my '11. I think it is worthwhile as I've changed the seabelt chime and reset my tpms with it. One of those things that only gets used 3x a year but saves me a trip to the dealership.
Very well, it's on the purchase list.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Can I set the NTSC to be disabled by default rather than having to hit the button every time?
K, I hear NTSC and all I think about is cameras but I don't think that's what you're asking....
Old 09-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #28
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
How easy is it to get updated versions of Techstream?

I want this unit but am concerned an older version of Techstream might not like my 2013,

Old 09-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Sorry, I meany RSCA. Boy, not even close on that one.
Just looked, you can customize ABS/VSC/TRAC but no option on the RSCA :-(

Quote:
How easy is it to get updated versions of Techstream?

I want this unit but am concerned an older version of Techstream might not like my 2013,

I haven't tried this with a 2013. Best solution may be to email the seller and see what version they have then check online for compatibility with your truck.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Just looked, you can customize ABS/VSC/TRAC but no option on the RSCA :-(
Damn, that sucks. They give you a button on the dash to temporarily disable it but I need it done permanently. Oh well, thanks for the response.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Damn, that sucks. They give you a button on the dash to temporarily disable it but I need it done permanently. Oh well, thanks for the response.
Yea, the RSCA appears in the data list so I can see the status, ON/OFF, but no way to change the default setting upon start up.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #33
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
So I have version 8.10.021 on my laptop now and the cable and little CD,

The S/W is installed but every time I try and connect to my truck it asks for a registration key,

What's the way around this, I just want to disable my seat belt beeper, lol...

Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #34
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
The ebay seller is real quick with responding to my questions?

The instructions were not clear at all, but he will refund me what I paid if I send it back.

I really want it to work though.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #35

Quote:
So I have version 8.10.021 on my laptop now and the cable and little CD,

The S/W is installed but every time I try and connect to my truck it asks for a registration key,

What's the way around this, I just want to disable my seat belt beeper, lol...

My instructions were pretty clear and it worked. But if you tried to connect to Toyota to download/check for updates then it probably locked the program. You'll probably have to delete out the registry entries or try again on a new laptop.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #36
justchil is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
justchil's Tacoma Gallery
This look right? http://www.amazon.com/Newest-V8-00-0.../dp/B00C9B32J4
Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #37
justchil is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
justchil's Tacoma Gallery
Works great for me. No luck on Win7 x64 but I reinstalled with Win7 x86 and the driver worked.

I turned of the seatbelt chime but it still chimes 4-5 times at startup... I haven't tested further than that yet. Pretty neat for 30$

If anyone wants the update: Techstream_Update_V8.10.021 just let me know I'll dropbox it. You might have to activate again?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #38
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this back up. Will this work with Windows 8?

:beer:
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #39

Dunno, all my pc's are Win7 or lower
Old 11-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #40
steveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteveo27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steveo
steveo27's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpin this back up again..

Is this the correct one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-VCI-16-..._Tools&vxp=mtr

Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread