1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Review of Clazzio Seat Covers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Alpine1, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Aug 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    Alpine1

Alpine1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite Mica SR5
    Since I have learned so much from this website and this is my first mod, I am providing my thoughts on Clazzio Seat Covers. I ordered mine from trdsparks and they arrived quickly. The box was a little beat up but the covers were in perfect shape and appeared to be of a high quality. I ordered the leather covers in black for my tacoma. Installation was extremely easy. If you look on the clazzio website or youtube there are videos showing you how to do the installation. Every part was easy including the headrests and the whole process took me about 2 hours since I have never done this before. The only problem I had was when tightening down the rear seat covers the plastic "clasp" broke when I pulled them a little tight. The clasp is not well made but there was plenty of strap to tie the cover down snugly. Also the cover for the center console seems to fit a little poorly.

I really like the seats and get compliments from everyone. I would post pictures but there are plenty on tacomaworld and if you go to the Clazzio website they have pictures of installations done in a tacoma. Overall, I would give these an excellent review.

2. Aug 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM
    B737

B737 Throbbing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab Limited
    stock
    please post pictures anyways :)
    im swaying towards getting these... the only option on their web site is for a double cab... im assuming thats 4 seat covers? its not specific... i just need the two fronts for my access cab... did you get covers for all 4 seats?

3. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    Alpine1

Alpine1 [OP] Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Pyrite Mica SR5
    Yes you get covers for the front and back including head rests. You also get the middle console cover. Make sure to check around, you can get them for less than the Clazzio website advertises. Also, if you go to the trdsparks website you may have trouble finding seats for your vehicle. Call or email them and they can helpl

4. Aug 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    Yeah, some pics would be awesome. I actually bought some Clazzio covers for my 4runner, took over 4 months for them to arrive, by that time I already sold my rig. There's not many clazzio tacoma pics so if you have the time I'm sure myself and others would love to see them. I'm about to pull the trigger on the black ones too so it would be nice for the reference. They are high quality covers for sure.

Thanks

5. Aug 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    How'd you get the arm rest cover to fit well?

6. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Hey guys...thought I'd post up some pics and offer my thoughts. I installed my Clazzios about a year and a half ago and still love them. I ordered them through Clazzio because I wanted the two-tone grey and perforated black. Matches the stock interior parts very well and always get compliments on them. They are holding up very well and are subjected to kids and two Labrador Retrievers often.

I also installed front seat heaters at the same time and am glad I did so. I did not but the heaters through Clazzio...the ones they sell have a tiny heat pad. I got some on eBay that were perfect for our size seats.

Here's a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Oct 12, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Looks good, you got your armrest looking better than mine, how'd you do it?

8. Dec 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Sorry...forgot about this thread!

I just took my time and got it tight between the underside plastic trim piece and the top. I think I re-did it about 200 times before it looked OK.

9. Dec 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Love the look of those. Almost wish I would have gotten these instead of the wet okoles lol.

10. Dec 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Kevinztaco

Kevinztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    none yet
    Wouldn't that cover the the side airbags?

11. Dec 28, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    The Clazzios are made specifically to work with side airbags, it's been discussed in a few threads.

12. Mar 30, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    JpAdct

JpAdct Well-Known Member

Member:
    PB County, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma ExtCab
    Do these provide any additional padding? I have 2012 TRD seats and the metal bar on my tail bone needs more padding bad! Wondering if these would be a good fix?

13. Mar 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    These have about 1/2 an inch of memory foam padding, very comfortable!

14. Mar 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    El Tano

El Tano i am the one who knocks

Member:
    Pasadena. CA
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma TRD sport
    Corvette homelink FRONT: 5100 Blinstein set at 0 Procomp 3" leveling kit Allpro UCA’s. REAR: Icon Multi Rate RXT Leaf Pack 5100 Blinstein. 17x9 kMC wheels 0 BS 285/70 17 Wildpeak A/T4W C range Amp research steps. and a bunch of TSB's
    Do the original material needs to be remove to nstall this? They have a set at the dealership for $389 otd.

15. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    JpAdct

JpAdct Well-Known Member

Member:
    PB County, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma ExtCab
    Good to know, I hope this helps my issue too!

Products Discussed in

To Top