Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

WeatherTech Mats Vs. OE Mats: a comparison

Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up WeatherTech Mats Vs. OE Mats: a comparison

I bought he Toyota OE Mats, and after using them for around 700 was pretty disappointed with how shallow the grooves were. If you track in sand, mud or water, then get back into your car, esp with bare feet, you're going to pick up all the dirt that's on the floor back onto your feet. Plus their water trapping capabilities lacked with such shallow channels.

I bought the weather techs to replace them, huge difference. About twice the thickness and weight of the Toyota ones, grooves are at least 4x as deep. Very heavy, i think they'll hold up great.

(didnt get the floor liners cause im not a fan of the tray style...)

EDIT
Ive had the weathertech mats in the truck for a few hundred miles now and LOVE THEM. they fit better than the OE mats, they are tighter, more form fitting, and cover more area than the OE mats... they practically seal up to the trim around the floor area.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Those are the recall mats. They're junk. They tried changing them when I was at the dealership shortly after. Needless to say I got them back
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B737's Tacoma Gallery
yes they suck.
Im fairly confident that the really nice mats i had in my Ranger were weather tech mats that were ford branded.

i really wish toyota would just use the weather tech mats like ford did and brand them with Tacoma logos, would be SO much nicer than the stuff they are selling at the parts counter. the OE mats are like the thickness of cardboard.

love this picture man... so bad ass... you wrench or fly them?
i love watching them land with FOUR plumes of black smoke spewing out of T56's. kills me every time
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Throbbing Member

B737's Tacoma Gallery
no doubt, but the shallowness and lack of deep channels is why i dont like the trays either. some people just prefer mats...
Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
yes they suck.
Im fairly confident that the really nice mats i had in my Ranger were weather tech mats that were ford branded.

i really wish toyota would just use the weather tech mats like ford did and brand them with Tacoma logos, would be SO much nicer than the stuff they are selling at the parts counter. the OE mats are like the thickness of cardboard.

love this picture man... so bad ass... you wrench or fly them?
i love watching them land with FOUR plumes of black smoke spewing out of T56's. kills me every time

In all honesty, I still can't believe they ganked the old floor mats. There was never anything wrong with them. Mine are worn through now and I need replacements. Gonna be watching craigslist and ebay soon. You're right tho, the new ones have no depth and are horrible.

I do in fact work on hercs as well as fly on them. Currently working on navigator right now and wrench as an avionics tech. Its a total different lifestyle from the old FA20's I was flying on before, but I'm getting used to it! I do get a kick out of when I first got here.... someone called in a 'plane going down' over the radio station, said it had huge black plumes of smoke coming out the back and it was going down in the vicinity of my airport. Didn't take me long to figure that one out! HAHA