Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN

Old 09-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
id gusset your spindles as well. thats a major weak link in the tacoma front end.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if he does chose to gusset the buckets, he'll have to get a custom set made

the off the shelf stuff won't work with the heim UCA
Old 09-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #24
MisterM70 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
MisterM70's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
id gusset your spindles as well. thats a major weak link in the tacoma front end.

forgive my ingnorance... the "bucket"???
Old 09-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #27
SickledTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
SickledTRD's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine mentioned reinforcing. He's been off road with me once or twice I'm going to get the coil when i install, get it aligned and then hit the cams, ending with the spindle in a month or two. Or am I missing something?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #28

Hey John !!do you remember how and where on the 4peaks trail that got your alignment?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #29

ALIGNMENT VIA OFF ROAD

I assume your asking me?

Bee line to four peaks, up to parking lot ,as you continue past you come to intersection where left goes to 4 peaks and right leads towards butcher Jones I assume.

I went right towards the lake, left as you pass the live stock pen thing. Then you start on a downhill section. I was hauling through that and I honestly don't know if it was on way thru or way back but it was steep with a good size hole,bump, rutt thing at th bottom, slightly off camber which caused a good hard bang! He hee, now that was technical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickledTRD View Post
Hey John !!do you remember how and where on the 4peaks trail that got your alignment?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #30
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery

did your shop have to cut the coil bucket and add that little loop at the top? do the 2012 do that from the factory? my 2011 does not, if they cut that out I'm clueless why u would
Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #32

Yeah that trail has sent me on my way with broken drive shafts, tie rods and brake lines but has give'n me a life time of experience. Mixed with a lot of bad judgement have you looked into price for the extra support? If not I'm going to talk with a friend that does a lot of fab work. I can let you know if your interested.?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #33

bucket Cut?

I honestly have no Idea. I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. Are you speaking about the little half Loop on the very top of the bucket, right above the Remote Resevoir-90degree output. I did not pay for any fab work or see it on the receipt. Could you circle it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post

did your shop have to cut the coil bucket and add that little loop at the top? do the 2012 do that from the factory? my 2011 does not, if they cut that out I'm clueless why u would
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Take that sway bar off for an even bigger grin

Oh and

http://www.chaosfab.com/accessories.php?id=96504
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Take that sway bar off for an even bigger grin

Oh and

http://www.chaosfab.com/accessories.php?id=96504
x2 i have these and they are pure beef
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
this little loop in the coilbucket...pretty sure they added that unless Toyota went crazy with the 2012. I'm not sure why it's cut out. it looks like there was a concern for the hose connector to hit the top? Seems to me you could just turn the connector to clear it.

Attached Thumbnails
ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0655.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #37

I am not sure, but as soon as the moderator on TTORA approves my account I will be sure to ask SDHQ, as they posted my truck on there.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191324

Great attention to detail! No one has mentioned that at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
this little loop in the coilbucket...pretty sure they added that unless Toyota went crazy with the 2012. I'm not sure why it's cut out. it looks like there was a concern for the hose connector to hit the top? Seems to me you could just turn the connector to clear it.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #38
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM70 View Post
I am not sure, but as soon as the moderator on TTORA approves my account I will be sure to ask SDHQ, as they posted my truck on there.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191324

Great attention to detail! No one has mentioned that at all!
SDHQ is on here as well. Pm'ed them for ya
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #39
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Icon had some old Revision parts get mixed up with a the new revision parts.
The Old version Top Cap had the port located higher on the top cap which required the bucket to get a little trimming/sanding.
The New Rev Top Cap has the port lower and requires no trimming.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #40

Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Icon had some old Revision parts get mixed up with a the new revision parts.
The Old version Top Cap had the port located higher on the top cap which required the bucket to get a little trimming/sanding.
The New Rev Top Cap has the port lower and requires no trimming.