Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN

Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #41
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
yep for icons you need to notch that bucket usually and its smart to reinforce it.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #42
MisterM70 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
MisterM70's Tacoma Gallery
So, does that mean mine was not cut then? Sorry for the ignorance! BTW- I love this suspension and thank you to all of the SDHQ team for putting up with my endless questions via phone and in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Icon had some old Revision parts get mixed up with a the new revision parts.
The Old version Top Cap had the port located higher on the top cap which required the bucket to get a little trimming/sanding.
The New Rev Top Cap has the port lower and requires no trimming.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #43
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it was cut . Not sure why the new revision wasn't used .
Old 10-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
SickledTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
SickledTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Out with the old and kinda mixed up with the new welding effect warranty that anyone knows of?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickledTRD View Post
Yeah that trail has sent me on my way with broken drive shafts, tie rods and brake lines but has give'n me a life time of experience. Mixed with a lot of bad judgement have you looked into price for the extra support? If not I'm going to talk with a friend that does a lot of fab work. I can let you know if your interested.?

Let me know what you find out. I am going to ask SDHQ about a custom bucket gusseting.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #46

Sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Take that sway bar off for an even bigger grin

Oh and

http://www.chaosfab.com/accessories.php?id=96504
What benfits/ draw backs from removing the sway bar. I assume more articulation??
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #47
himmy33 is on a distinguished road

himmy33's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #48
Taqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaqoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennan
Taqoma's Tacoma Gallery
removing your sway bar will get you more articulation like this, more independent movement cause the arms aren't connected.

however, with the sway bar removed you will experience some body roll. when making sharp turns you will feel the body roll side to side. it's not terrible, I was concerned after reading about it here but once I removed my sway bar and experienced it first hand it really is not bad at all.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #49
Zimaura is on a distinguished road

Name: Nj
Zimaura's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM70 View Post
What benfits/ draw backs from removing the sway bar. I assume more articulation??
Yes, more articulation off road, but i heard you should be careful on road though. I heard you would feel excessive body roll in sharp turns, lets say if you were to swerve on a highway due to avoid something, etc,.I'm pretty sure this is it, but hopefully someone who knows lot more could chime in?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #50
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimaura View Post
Yes, more articulation off road, but i heard you should be careful on road though. I heard you would feel excessive body roll in sharp turns, lets say if you were to swerve on a highway due to avoid something, etc,.I'm pretty sure this is it, but hopefully someone who knows lot more could chime in?

If you do a lot of commuting in your truck recommend leaving it on. I think there's thread that someone is gunna develope a quick disconnect for our tacos an that would be sweet
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #51

6 Month Update- CaddyWhompus corners

Had my icons about six months now and have some updates. I now have full 5 piece aluminum skids, CBI high clearence rear number with tire carrier, pelfrey front plate,pelfrey sliders with kick out, TJM 9k winch all added on.

I recommend if you do sway bar delete and front armor that you upgrade to the 700# springs and possibly 14" spring as well. (On order)

After 6 months, settling and regular off road use plus all the weight added I have had quit a bit of settling and sag. The front left taco lean is very exaggeratedright now and I am guessing will need at least 6 additional turns of preload compared to the right side.

I did not bother adjusting as springs are on order and I figured I would just wait till install and some settling. After that I will dial in the pre load and get an alignment.

Right now the front left is low point and right rear ishi point.

Basicall I am all caddywhompus right now.

Will tri and get somepics
Old 12-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #52
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM70 View Post
Had my icons about six months now and have some updates. I now have full 5 piece aluminum skids, CBI high clearence rear number with tire carrier, pelfrey front plate,pelfrey sliders with kick out, TJM 9k winch all added on.

I recommend if you do sway bar delete and front armor that you upgrade to the 700# springs and possibly 14" spring as well. (On order)

After 6 months, settling and regular off road use plus all the weight added I have had quit a bit of settling and sag. The front left taco lean is very exaggeratedright now and I am guessing will need at least 6 additional turns of preload compared to the right side.

I did not bother adjusting as springs are on order and I figured I would just wait till install and some settling. After that I will dial in the pre load and get an alignment.

Right now the front left is low point and right rear ishi point.

Basicall I am all caddywhompus right now.

Will tri and get somepics

Did you ever get all the settling straightened out as well as the new shocks (pics please if available)? I have a Stage 3 enroute for install on my 2014 Tacoma 4X4 DCLB in two days and have some questions.

1. Were there any allignement issues or any suggestions/comments?
2. Can I expect eventual sag issues as well (have a CBI bumber with swing gate ordered but will end up removing stock tow package and bumber which pretty much equates to same weigh unless swing gate is loaded up with everything (two jerry cans, propane tank and box with deep charge battery)?

Appreciate any and all conditions and overriding concern is what am I paying for all this yet will end up having these kind of issues and need to replace items I got in the Stage 3?

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #53
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
man I hope to have a thread like this of my very own some day!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #54
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
removing your sway bar will get you more articulation like this, more independent movement cause the arms aren't connected.

however, with the sway bar removed you will experience some body roll. when making sharp turns you will feel the body roll side to side. it's not terrible, I was concerned after reading about it here but once I removed my sway bar and experienced it first hand it really is not bad at all.
I know that Gnar guy.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #55
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
man I hope to have a thread like this of my very own some day!
if you do dont waste your money having shop install it ...just do it yourself.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #56
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
if you do dont waste your money having shop install it ...just do it yourself.
oh yeah, I'll definitely do it myself!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #58

hahaha, word! I'll definitely need the help...but I should stop talking about it so I don't jinx it and it never happens! lol. I'm hoping that maybe I get some parts of it from my wife for Christmas but if not, I'll probably be able to pull the trigger on it around tax time. Either way...a mod day will be had!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
i just spugged code all over the thread
hahaha, all over the place...it was quite impressive.