Notices

ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN

Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
MisterM70 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
MisterM70's Tacoma Gallery
ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN

Icon stage 4 = Perma Grin

So this past Tuesday I dropped my truck off at super duty h q in Gilbert Arizona right before closing for install on Wednesday. The install was completed late Wednesday and alignment on Thursday morning and I got the call it was done around 11:30 am Th.

Total installed was $4660 tax and labor, with upgraded 2.5 remote rears from the 2.0's. This is icons stage 4 with the billet UCA's aal and extended travel coil overs.

Saturday afternoon I had some time before dark to do a quick run out at four peaks off the bee line hwy here in Mesa, Arizona. I had taken her here right after I bought her and wanted to follow the same trail for comparison.

As soon as you turn of the pavement you start onto some wash boards. I had an immediate sinking feeling I just dumped 5k into some pretty shocks. With no idea of what to expect I was disappointed I felt anything other than a cloud underneath. I switched to 4-hi and moved forward. I made my way up to the gated parking area and started my approximately 1.5 mile run. The first down hill left I remembered from my stock run as I took it a bit fast and experienced a bone jarring bottom out and christened my front skid. But not this time!

The icons seemed to love speed, bumps, ripples, rutts and holes and encouraged my ear to.ear grin. The faster I went the bigger the grin. I was blown away over the improvement. Previously, areas I had to taken bone rattling jolts at 15-20 mph I was flying thru at 30-45. The icons soaked it up and asked for more. I could not be happier! The first run I came up on a F-150 and a dodge 1500. The refused to pull over to let me pass so I pushed them until they succumbed to their own bone rattling sparks flying ride they got from trying to pull away. I passed them up and and left them in my dust trail. There was no way they could keep pace and I could not have been happier. I met them both at the parking lot after and answered their jaw dropping questions about my sick suspension. They said it looked like a trophy truck pulling away from them. I could not have been happier or more proud
Attached Thumbnails
ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0651.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0652.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0655.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0658.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0659.jpg  

Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #4

pics

Ok,

Pics are up and here are some more! Worthless Now???
Attached Thumbnails
ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0662.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0664.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0663.jpg   ICON STAGE 4=PERMA GRIN-img_0665.jpg  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
SickledTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
SickledTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they do a good install. Did they build a bracket for the res in the rear? Ive been doing a lot of reading and decided on the same set set up. How's does it ride the road?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
let's see the whole truck!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Throw some gusseting in there
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM70 View Post
Ok,

Pics are up and here are some more! Worthless Now???
Yes. They arent on my truck!

just kiddding, they look sick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
let's see the whole truck!
x2!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Those UCAs are secks!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
SickledTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
SickledTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice install other then the gusseting or lack there of I'm wondering if you had anything done other then the stage 4? I was at the headquarters a couple weeks back for the same kit. Xtc gave me a price of about 4000 but just for the kit, install and Alignment. I'm on a budget so I now am the installer any of you gentlemen have any suggestions for me on it and it being the install/ tacoma suspension.? You might just save a guy a head ache when it comes time. (same truck but access cab) thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds great! I have a set of Icons F&R to put on in a week, getting anxious especially after reading your glowing review! Congradulations to another AZ Tacoma driver.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. If I were you, since you've dropped almost 5k already, I would do a u-bolt flip to clean the rear up a bit
Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM70 View Post
Icon stage 4 = Perma Grin

So this past Tuesday I dropped my truck off at super duty h q in Gilbert Arizona right before closing for install on Wednesday. The install was completed late Wednesday and alignment on Thursday morning and I got the call it was done around 11:30 am Th.

Total installed was $4660 tax and labor, with upgraded 2.5 remote rears from the 2.0's. This is icons stage 4 with the billet UCA's aal and extended travel coil overs.

Saturday afternoon I had some time before dark to do a quick run out at four peaks off the bee line hwy here in Mesa, Arizona. I had taken her here right after I bought her and wanted to follow the same trail for comparison.

As soon as you turn of the pavement you start onto some wash boards. I had an immediate sinking feeling I just dumped 5k into some pretty shocks. With no idea of what to expect I was disappointed I felt anything other than a cloud underneath. I switched to 4-hi and moved forward. I made my way up to the gated parking area and started my approximately 1.5 mile run. The first down hill left I remembered from my stock run as I took it a bit fast and experienced a bone jarring bottom out and christened my front skid. But not this time!

The icons seemed to love speed, bumps, ripples, rutts and holes and encouraged my ear to.ear grin. The faster I went the bigger the grin. I was blown away over the improvement. Previously, areas I had to taken bone rattling jolts at 15-20 mph I was flying thru at 30-45. The icons soaked it up and asked for more. I could not be happier! The first run I came up on a F-150 and a dodge 1500. The refused to pull over to let me pass so I pushed them until they succumbed to their own bone rattling sparks flying ride they got from trying to pull away. I passed them up and and left them in my dust trail. There was no way they could keep pace and I could not have been happier. I met them both at the parking lot after and answered their jaw dropping questions about my sick suspension. They said it looked like a trophy truck pulling away from them. I could not have been happier or more proud
Nice kit!!! Just got my Icon set today! Ready to install this weekend. You guys know they have a stage 5 kit now. Only difference is the rears are 2.5 piggy back. I will post pic's of install this weekend!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickledTRD View Post
Looks like they do a good install. Did they build a bracket for the res in the rear? Ive been doing a lot of reading and decided on the same set set up. How's does it ride the road?

I believe it came with the bracket when you get the Remote Resi rears, but it appears they drilled or used existing holes to mount the bracket.

No Vibes, smoothe and stiffer around turns.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Looks great. If I were you, since you've dropped almost 5k already, I would do a u-bolt flip to clean the rear up a bit

Yes, the Ubolt flip is on my list of To do's. Along with the rear diff breather mod.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
Makin' it Hail
Kylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 89D EOD
Name: Rick
Kylsix's Tacoma Gallery
How would these compare to the OME setup? I mean for 4 times the price of the OME setup they should dominate them, but I just don't know how true that is.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickledTRD View Post
Nice install other then the gusseting or lack there of I'm wondering if you had anything done other then the stage 4? I was at the headquarters a couple weeks back for the same kit. Xtc gave me a price of about 4000 but just for the kit, install and Alignment. I'm on a budget so I now am the installer any of you gentlemen have any suggestions for me on it and it being the install/ tacoma suspension.? You might just save a guy a head ache when it comes time. (same truck but access cab) thanks
There is a great write up in the "Suspension" Section for installation of the Icon Stage 4: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tructions.html
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #19
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Now go get some new tires!!! haha
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Throw some gusseting in there
Are you referring to gusseting the spindles or the alignment tabs? I already threw the alignment out of whack while heavy testing it. I am now looking at the TC alignment tab gussets.