Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review Fold a cover G4 elite

Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #181
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckGuy616 View Post
I wanted to take the time to respond to brny67's comments. If only one or two pieces of hardware were missing from the used cover that you purchased we absolutely sell individual clamps, etc. The previous post was referring to a complete hardware kit. Individual clamps or striker bolt assemblies start at as little as $10. Feel free to check out the link and enter your vehicle application as hardware requirements can vary from vehicle to vehicle.

http://www.steffensautomotive.com/products-parts/
I did that turns out I need a striker plate & 6 clamps, believe me I did the research, just way to much $ for like six or seven pieces, put yourself in our shoes...sorry to put ur place of employment down just a rip off.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #182
stone21 is on a distinguished road
stone21's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Pictures of improved Wind Rails

Just installed this past weekend. Rails are easy to install and fully adjustable in the future if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc_2075b.jpg   Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc_2077b.jpg   Review Fold a cover G4 elite-dsc_2078b.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #183
WolfZombie is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
WolfZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered one on the 14th from the Steffens Enterprises Factory Store. Was disappointed to find out it did not come with the new clamp on hardware . Went ahead and had my local shop install it, so we'll see how well it holds up in the hot south just using the taped on rails.
Just wanted to add, it does look nice, but I will have to do some caulking in the near future to further weather proof it. This has to do with the patterns in the plastic protective covers on the Tacoma though.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #184
ddtacoma2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
ddtacoma2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
I did that turns out I need a striker plate & 6 clamps, believe me I did the research, just way to much $ for like six or seven pieces, put yourself in our shoes...sorry to put ur place of employment down just a rip off.
I am not sure exactly how this is a ripoff. They are in business to sell complete covers, not replacement parts. You got a used cover from a third party that needed parts you can only get one place. The cost of these parts are clearly shown on the website. If you felt these parts were too expensive then you should have not purchased the used cover in the first place. Sounds like you waited to do the research until after you made the purchase.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #185
stone21 is on a distinguished road
stone21's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine directly from the factory on May 8th and received it by the 15th. I spoke directly to Jeremy from marketing and mentioned his post here and was assured that I would receive the improved version and that is what I got. They did ship the old install instructions. Made 1 call and received the revised ones by email in less than 20min.

So far a pleasant experience. Install took me twice as long as it should have. My biggest problem was installing the rivet in the tailgate.

Satisfied customer.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #186
New Install

I just installed mine last weekend as well. I also received the old instructions in the shipment but I already had the new install instructions so it was no big deal.
Installation was a bit of a pain. Instructions are straight forward and easy to follow, it is just getting everything to line up right and the latches positioned correctly etc took some time and patience. I still need to tweak it a little to get it perfect. But with the new install everything is adjustable so if you are like me and are a perfectionist with no install skills, you can keep adjusting until it is to your liking.
I have not tested it for leakage yet.
So far I am very happy with it. Looks great, very solid and seems secure. You would have to put in some effort to get into it. I really like being able to open it at the tailgate and the cab.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #187
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
i kinda read though this thread from page 1 and didnt see anyone that had ordered one from here --> www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html i had a lil dispute with these guys because this was what they compaired to a bak flip and it is but it isnt. any ways they gave me a great pice at under $700 but it would have cost me over $300 to return it. so im going to keep it and im putting it on my truck next week.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #188
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wow, you can find a lot by reading it a second time..lol just seen some post about truck alterations. but yea they had the best prices. i may owe these guys an apology after its installed and i like it.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #189
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtacoma2012 View Post
I am not sure exactly how this is a ripoff. They are in business to sell complete covers, not replacement parts. You got a used cover from a third party that needed parts you can only get one place. The cost of these parts are clearly shown on the website. If you felt these parts were too expensive then you should have not purchased the used cover in the first place. Sounds like you waited to do the research until after you made the purchase.
I u/s they r in business to make $, they also sell replacement parts.,If I knew that there were parts missing I would not have purchased the cover, and yes it is a RIP OFF..they know they can charge whatever they want because of the reason they are the only place we can get parts, that is the problem with companies today they see an opp to screw people so they do, it's the principle smokey...already figured a way to make it work without their 100 .00bag of nuts...thanks for ur input...BTW r u an employee?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #190

I ordered mine back in march and got the old set up. So I called them and asked if I could swap out the old stuff for the new. From what I was told it would cost me almost $200 to get the new rails and hardware.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #191
Quote:
O

I u/s they r in business to make $, they also sell replacement parts.,If I knew that there were parts missing I would not have purchased the cover, and yes it is a RIP OFF..they know they can charge whatever they want because of the reason they are the only place we can get parts, that is the problem with companies today they see an opp to screw people so they do, it's the principle smokey...already figured a way to make it work without their 100 .00bag of nuts...thanks for ur input...BTW r u an employee?

I have no affiliation whatsoever other than I recently purchased a cover from them.

So if you had an item for sale that was unique, how would you go about deciding on a selling price? Would you set a price based on trying not to "screw" people, or try to get the best possible price you could for it?

It is just free enterprise. They put their prices where they think they can make the most money. As you have demonstrated, there are in fact alternatives to their parts. Because of the prices, you found an alternative solution and they missed a sale. That is how a free market works. How is that a rip-off? I don't get your sense of injustice.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #192
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfZombie View Post
Ordered one on the 14th from the Steffens Enterprises Factory Store. Was disappointed to find out it did not come with the new clamp on hardware . Went ahead and had my local shop install it, so we'll see how well it holds up in the hot south just using the taped on rails.
Just wanted to add, it does look nice, but I will have to do some caulking in the near future to further weather proof it. This has to do with the patterns in the plastic protective covers on the Tacoma though.
As far as the rails being just taped on and the hot south, I've had mine on for 3 years now here in Arizona with no problems.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #193
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
O

They sell replacement parts as a service or convenience to their customers but are in business to sell covers. And they have to buy the replacement parts from the manufacturer.and they set the prices. Did you pay too much for the used cover and that's really why you're pissed? Didn't you do your research on which parts should have been there?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #194
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone21 View Post
I ordered mine directly from the factory on May 8th and received it by the 15th. I spoke directly to Jeremy from marketing and mentioned his post here and was assured that I would receive the improved version and that is what I got. They did ship the old install instructions. Made 1 call and received the revised ones by email in less than 20min.

So far a pleasant experience. Install took me twice as long as it should have. My biggest problem was installing the rivet in the tailgate.

Satisfied customer.

How water tight do you find the new install version? Do you see much leakage with yours?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #195
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks TruckGuy616 for your help and the installation instructions. I placed my order today. Coming from a Snuglid SL, I cant wait for the added flexibility.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #196
Ernesto4 is on a distinguished road
Ernesto4's Tacoma Gallery
how i wish they made the personal caddy for the tacomas. That is EXACTLY what i am looking for. Does anybody know if they are planning on making one or if they already did or maybe something else that i could buy to have something very similar to that?? Or is the BakBox the next best thing?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #198
VazBro is on a distinguished road

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
Just ordered mine from truck-addon for $670 shipped. Can't wait!
Old post but that is good price! Anybody know of better pricing?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #199

yea, ill sell mine for 550, brand new never installed..lol pick up only.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #200
VazBro is on a distinguished road

VazBro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
yea, ill sell mine for 550, brand new never installed..lol pick up only.
Where are you located?